Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi ladies, I am a adult nursing student at Bournemouth uni half way through my second year because I was a a February intake rather than September.

I transferred to bournemouth uni this Feb just gone and completed my first year at Teesside uni but I'm from the south originally and for many reasons (my husbands job, family needs etc.) I decided to apply for a transfer to Bournemouth and move back home. Which thankfully I got and I have loved every minute of it!

everyone in the group I joined is extremely friendly and welcoming, I was worried about this being a newbie joining an already established group but I have had no problems. The tutors are extremely helpful at bournemouth too!
    The modules and assignment deadlines are spaced out nicely to allow enough time to complete one assignment without being swamped (which at my previous uni I had 3 assignment deadlines in one week... Not fun I must say!)

I am based at Salisbury locality for placements but all study is done at bournemouth regardless of whether you are Poole, bournemouth or Salisbury nhs trust. Placements in Salisbury are great so I hear pretty much everyone who has had a placement there has enjoyed it.

if you have any questions fire away and I'll be happy to help where possible

Shannon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanyy26)
    Hey guys
    I am just finishing my first year of nursing at BU and study and live at Salisbury, so saw there were some questions on here that I could possibly answer for you all as I felt there was a severe lack of info for Salisbury students last year! The free bus takes about 40 mins to get to the uni and there is only one there and one back a day which is a bit frustrating when you're not in all day. It leaves at 8am and picks you up at 5pm. There is a public bus that you can get if you want but it costs about £4 and will only drop you in Salisbury town centre!
    Feel free to ask any other questions that you might have! xxx
    hey i know im a bit late to the conversation but i was just wondering how did this affect your social life? i mean like going to the SU, did you find it stopped you from joining societies? because im interested in a few but being placed in Salisbury is looking to be a bit of a downer on the whole thing. just wondering....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mecia)
    hey i know im a bit late to the conversation but i was just wondering how did this affect your social life? i mean like going to the SU, did you find it stopped you from joining societies? because im interested in a few but being placed in Salisbury is looking to be a bit of a downer on the whole thing. just wondering....

Hey!
    It's hard to join societies and really be a part of university life I'm afraid. I know someone who is in Salisbury and is in a society but it means a lot of driving back and forth. I haven't been to the students union once since being here. Though from what I have heard, it sounds like you guys are being moved in earlier so you can go to freshers. This hasn't been done before so you'll get to experience all of that I was a bit upset when I found out about not have a real uni experience when I knew I was being based in Salisbury but to be honest we make our own social life here. Everyone is so close to eachother and we all go on nights out and meals in Salisbury and have such a good time. You'll love it I promise!! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    thank you very much for your replies ladies, I ended up taking Sourhampton's offer, vecause of more work available there for me & my partner. We'll see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with Southampton! Hope it all goes well x

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.