Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

leyton sixth form college - 'the untold hidden truth' ?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hello, i have applied to leyton sixth form college. according to the latest Ofsted report, the college was rated 'good'. but that worries me a lot since my school is pretty much corrupt in every way , but still has been rated 'good'. i have been hearing that the LSC often has behaivour problems where lessons are disrupted and the corridors are noisy.

if you are currently a student there or you was a student there, is this true??

ReputationRep:
    good doesnt sound good. sounds like more a satisfactory tbh. I think there are two grades higher: excellent and outstanding :/. But at the end of the day what grade u get is down to u mate. i went to a pretty average state comp sixth form in my old highschool n got 4a's, so goes to how ucan do well if u put a bit of work in, regardles sof where u go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I attended LSC from 2009-2011 and its pretty much fine to me. There were no behaviour problems with anyone. Occassionally there was a bit noise from hyper students after lunch times but that has always been sorted out by students themselves after they come back to sense! Overall, its been a great experience, one of my best actually. I miss it so much compared to uni!! Good luck :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    But at the end of the day what grade u get is down to u mate. i went to a pretty average state comp sixth form in my old highschool n got 4a's, so goes to how ucan do well if u put a bit of work in, regardles sof where u go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yh, i know its pretty much down to me - whether i work for my grades or not. but i just have the feeling that i might not like LSC. in my current school, the lower years (mostly the yr7s) are always running around, shouting & screaming. during break and lunch, the corridors are mostly noisy with typical behaviour problems occuring every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Student123)
    I attended LSC from 2009-2011 and its pretty much fine to me. There were no behaviour problems with anyone. Occassionally there was a bit noise from hyper students after lunch times but that has always been sorted out by students themselves after they come back to sense! Overall, its been a great experience, one of my best actually. I miss it so much compared to uni!! Good luck :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awesome! what uni do you go and what degree are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    just saying - the ofsted grades go from unsatisfactory, poor, good, excellent, outstanding in that order. so "good" is actually the "meh" grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaginative name)
    just saying - the ofsted grades go from unsatisfactory, poor, good, excellent, outstanding in that order. so "good" is actually the "meh" grade.
    wow in never knew there was excellent. i thought it only goes up to oustanding. im quite surprised actually since woodhouse college, city and islington college and fortismere sixth form school have all been rated oustanding. as far as im aware, they are top ranked in london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naseem hossen)
    yh, i know its pretty much down to me - whether i work for my grades or not. but i just have the feeling that i might not like LSC. in my current school, the lower years (mostly the yr7s) are always running around, shouting & screaming. during break and lunch, the corridors are mostly noisy with typical behaviour problems occuring every now and then.
    in my school the upper and lower school were separate, and the sixthform people had their own building like, so didn't get problem of annoying immature kids running around causing chaos. I think u should do sixth form in your high school if they do your courses. You'll be familiar with people, teachers and building and can concentrate on the work instead of adapting to a new setting/routine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naseem hossen)
    awesome! what uni do you go and what degree are you doing?
    Lol UEL doing Law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    in my school the upper and lower school were separate, and the sixthform people had their own building like, so didn't get problem of annoying immature kids running around causing chaos. I think u should do sixth form in your high school if they do your courses. You'll be familiar with people, teachers and building and can concentrate on the work instead of adapting to a new setting/routine
    WOW this school is completely chaotic and messed up. its like hell in this school. there is no way im staying in this school for 2 more yrs for A level when i have been here since yr7. i hate it here and a large of number of people in my year group also do. the behaviour is really bad and i hate all my teachers here.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it is: unsatisfactory, requires improvement (or what used to be called satisfactory), good and outstanding (coming from a teacher).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.