Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Office suits/clothing question (for men) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows where I can get a half decent suit from and a comfy pair of black work shoes? Never worked in a posh office place before and this new job I got requires me to be all suited and booted up :eek:

Anyone have any opinions on debenhams for suits? Anyone know any shop that does comfy trainer comfort like shoes? I start work next week - need to sort out me kit this week!

Thanks! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows where I can get a half decent suit from and a comfy pair of black work shoes? Never worked in a posh office place before and this new job I got requires me to be all suited and booted up :eek:

Anyone have any opinions on debenhams for suits? Anyone know any shop that does comfy trainer comfort like shoes? I start work next week - need to sort out me kit this week!

Thanks! :eek:
    Debenhams, M&S are ok. Check TK Maxx for a bargain too. Can do fairly well for about £100. Best to invest in a good pair of shoes, cheap shoes fall apart in months and need constant replacement. Don't buy a black suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Debenhams, M&S are ok. Check TK Maxx for a bargain too. Can do fairly well for about £100. Best to invest in a good pair of shoes, cheap shoes fall apart in months and need constant replacement. Don't buy a black suit.
    i bought two suits from debenhams today. They didn't have any black suits in my size so i brought a navy and charcoal black kind of suits.

Why shouldn't I buy a black suit? The guy at shop said check out ecco in ox st. for shoes. For the time being i'll wear my cheap m&s shoes, but really need to get a new pair as those m&s shoes are horrible to wear all day (really uncomfy!)

ReputationRep:
    Black suits are terrible, unless you are security or going to a funeral, black suits should be avoided. Charcoal grey and navy are good choices. Yeah decent shoes are important, best to go and try them on at your price point to make sure they are a comfortable fit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.