?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username607202
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's the problem though?

Edit: Looks like we have a lot of homophobes about...
MissCellaneous94
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't want kids but it would make no difference to me whatsoever, I'd love them exactly the same as if they were straight. And why would it matter if they were anyway?
Messalina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Firstly, homosexuality and homo-eroticism are different things. Secondly, I wouldn't care, the great thing about being a good parent is that you love your child unconditionally, whatever their characteristics.

Edit: my goodness, the neg brigade certainly is out in force! How awful of me to love my kids regardless of their sexual orientation, I'm just barbaric :rolleyes:
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was thinking about this a few days ago.

I know a few that are extremely homophobic; one of them just got married and I wonder what he would do if he had a gay child.
username133326
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well, at least if my daughter was a lesbian, I wouldn't have to worry about the billions of penises that could impregnate her...
letitia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd love them just as much as I would do a straight child...

And homo-eroticism is not the same as homosexual...
Eloquai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tell them that I love them regardless and I fully support them. Hopefully by the time such an event happened then there will be less public stigma attached to coming out publicly and it won't be the big deal it is today.

As for homo-eroticism, if they are of legal age then it's no concern of mine (or anyone elses) what happens in their private lives so long as they are happy.
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kka25)
I was thinking about this a few days ago.

I know a few that are extremely homophobic; one of them just got married and I wonder what he would do if he had a gay child.
Thankfully most people seem to accept it when it is their own children - my friend comes from a homophobic household and when he first came out his brother rang him and told him he 'had to turn back'. :rolleyes: But now they're totally accepting and they all know his partner really well. It's so sad when someone is rejected by their family because they're gay, but even in the most homophobic households there's always a chance they'll realise homosexuality isn't as bad as they thought because previously they were just ignorant. The ones that do reject their family members are bad people rather than ignorant.
mollyjaynex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't care. As parents, your children are the people who look up most to you and turn to you when they need help. If there is conflict at home about the chillds sexual orientation, chances are the child is going to feel iscolated everywhere. They'r still the child you love, whether they are hetrosexual, bisexual, homosexual or have a disability or a disease.
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd abort them, there and then
blue n white army
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
direct him towards a career in the catholic church
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Magwen)
What do you think about homoerotism
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Homoeroticism, or homosexuality? Because being gay is about more than just sex you know.

Anyway, I wouldn't care. I'd hope that they'd be open with me about it and not feel like they have to hide it. My only worry might be how they might get treated by others but I'd do my best to support them.
ipoop
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would beat the gay out of that child!!:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perseveranze
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They won't be
ipoop
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Perseveranze)
They won't be
Parent in denial over here!! :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
danny111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nothing.

At best maybe tell him that he still has to use condoms.
CelticSymphony67
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Means bugger all to me. I love my children unconditionally. As long as they are happy, and living a good life, then I'm happy. Sexuality is irrelevant.
Obscure One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ipoop)
I would beat the gay out of that child!!:fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't agree more!
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 8 years ago
I'd be disappointed, not going to lie, but I'd still love them and support them anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (148)
43.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.05%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.94%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.85%

Watched Threads