Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What would you do if your children are homosexual Watch

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me at all, I'd love them just the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magwen)
    What would you do if your children are homosexual
    Love them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Love them?
    Try to cure them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    I'd abort them, there and then
    looooool

ReputationRep:
    I'd say, "I have kids?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    Try to cure them.
    Why, would they have whooping cough too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Why, would they have whooping cough too?
    Eh? I don't get it. I meant cure their unnatural homosexual tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't care...

If my children came home with a partner, same or opposite gender, as long as they were nice people I would welcome them into my home. The only time when I'd feel like I had done something wrong as a parent would be if they didn't feel like they could be honest and tell me.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? I don't get it. I meant cure their unnatural homosexual tendencies.
    :facepalm2: - lets go through the list as quickly as I can:

• It's natural
    • Over 1500 non-human species have been observed expressing homosexuality, notably the giraffe
    • you realise that tendencies means something which is passed down through ancestry?
    • this is ridiculous to argue as you have no proof to back yourself up which isn't a known load of crap.
    • you can't cure homosexuality

ReputationRep:
    Hell nah, disown them

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do anything... it wouldn't matter unless they were all gay, that would suck. Gotta have at least one to pass the old genes along, y'know.

ReputationRep:
    natural? is it? if it was the behaviour would not be around now if you look into evolution becasue if you carry the ''gay'' gene how would you pass it on?

ReputationRep:
    Try to cure them.
    Yeah, but you're a right-wing ar*ehole. No-one takes anything you say seriously.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: - lets go through the list as quickly as I can:

• It's natural
    • Over 1500 non-human species have been observed expressing homosexuality, most recently the giraffe
    • you realise that tendencies means something which is passed down through ancestry?
    • this is ridiculous to argue as you have no proof to back yourself up which isn't a known load of crap.
    • you can't cure homosexuality
    Why, is it terminal or something?

If it can't be cured I'd do my best to accept it and explain to my child that in order to make up for it they need to earn quite a bit of money. They can't be a failure in every respect.

ReputationRep:
    cure their unnatural homosexual tendencies
    But homosexuality is practiced by many in the animal kingdom.

Presumably you will now hedge and dodge your own proposition, and say "we're better than the animal kingdom".

Ffs, if you're going to be a bigot, at least have some moral and ideological consistency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rehmanrad)
    natural? is it? if it was the behaviour would not be around now if you look into evolution becasue if you carry the ''gay'' gene how would you pass it on?
    At GCSE level we are taught about dominant and recessive genes, by your reasoning a brown eyed child born to blue eyed parents must mean that the mum cheated on the guy who thinks he's the father.

ReputationRep:
    Why, is it terminal or something?

If it can't be cured I'd do my best to accept it and explain to my child that in order to make up for it they need to earn quite a bit of money. They can't be a failure in every respect.
    Terminal means the end or in medical terms something which will kill you and is incurable. Homosexuality isn't a disease and doesn't cause death so that is the most pointless response ever.

You sound like you would make an absolutely abhorrent parent from that response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Yeah, but you're a right-wing ar*ehole. No-one takes anything you say seriously.
    The irony being that this thread is supposed to be about acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    Terminal means the end or in medical terms something which will kill you and is incurable. Homosexuality isn't a disease and doesn't cause death so that is the most pointless response ever.

You sound like you would make an absolutely abhorrent parent from that response.
    What would you do if your children were right-wing?

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if your children were right-wing?
    Debate with them? The thing is though, if they were intelligent and went to university the chances are they wouldn't be - as academia is about searching for the truth when right-winged views are generally only good for rich people who cover things up - or religious nuts

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.