Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So may be time has come for me to to self-fund a LPC. I am not looking into College of Law or BPP as paying £14k for learning about wills, property law and interviewing and advising is fvcking ludicrous.
    Interested in courses in London only. Kaplan is not an option, as £13k is a tad too much for a silly school with terrible venues and facilities.

So the City Law School left and super cheap NCLT. NCLT is only £8k and it can be done part-time, which is ideal for me, as I work full-time. I run an advice service and I only need an LPC as I plan to qualify quickly in a high street firm and do my own thing.

Hence the question, shall I save myself £4,5k and go for a NCLT or save up pennies for City Law as they have a bit better career's services, etc?

After all, the only thing that really matters is a result. I am 99% confident, that I will get a distinction if I do my LPC at NCLT and from my experience, it's better to have a 1st from a so-so degree than having a 2.2 from a super degree (i.e. if you got a 1st in some silly humanities is way better than 2.2 in chemistry or physics).

Any views on that will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_Mistress)
    So may be time has come for me to to self-fund a LPC. I am not looking into College of Law or BPP as paying £14k for learning about wills, property law and interviewing and advising is fvcking ludicrous.
    Interested in courses in London only. Kaplan is not an option, as £13k is a tad too much for a silly school with terrible venues and facilities.

So the City Law School left and super cheap NCLT. NCLT is only £8k and it can be done part-time, which is ideal for me, as I work full-time. I run an advice service and I only need an LPC as I plan to qualify quickly in a high street firm and do my own thing.

Hence the question, shall I save myself £4,5k and go for a NCLT or save up pennies for City Law as they have a bit better career's services, etc?

After all, the only thing that really matters is a result. I am 99% confident, that I will get a distinction if I do my LPC at NCLT and from my experience, it's better to have a 1st from a so-so degree than having a 2.2 from a super degree (i.e. if you got a 1st in some silly humanities is way better than 2.2 in chemistry or physics).

I do not really care where someone does their LPC.

You haven't mentioned London Met, Westminster and West London.

From the point of a legal career, law firms don't make money from trainees. No one will give you a training contract if they think that you are going to do a TC at their expense, work for them for three years and then when you start looking like their future, bugger off and set up your own plate.

ReputationRep:
    Some firms care where you do it. Those firms will tell you where they prefer it to be done. e.g. Magic Circle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law_Mistress)

Hi PurpleOwl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraWarah)
    Some firms care where you do it. Those firms will tell you where they prefer it to be done. e.g. Magic Circle.
    With respect hardly relevant since the OP is referring to self-funding and obtaining a High Street TC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    With respect hardly relevant since the OP is referring to self-funding and obtaining a High Street TC.
    True that, didn't read.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.