Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place on a PGCE English course for Sept 2013, and I'll probably apply to live on campus. I'm really concerned about parking though, as I will need my car for placement visits. Thing is, I've spoken to accommodation and they said there is no parking between 8:00 & 16:30, and apparently the gates close at 8pm? Can anyone tell me if there is parking around the university, or if I just won't be able to bring my car? I really wanted it to go home at weekends etc as well

Thanks,
    Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,congratulations on your offer! From what I have seen there is very limited parking,like you said. As with commuting to placements coming from a woman who lives in the area and used to drive round the nearby areas,it is alot easier getting buses,they are so frequent and everything that I felt no need to have a car in this area. I think going home at weekends would be easy by train though don't know where you are from lol,but you can get most places from London. The choice is down to you,though if I had to decide I think it is less hassle not having a car however you could always trial it for a few weeks and if it's not working out easier drive home at the weekend and leave it there I'm starting primary Ed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmzyyDoodles)
    I've been offered a place on a PGCE English course for Sept 2013, and I'll probably apply to live on campus. I'm really concerned about parking though, as I will need my car for placement visits. Thing is, I've spoken to accommodation and they said there is no parking between 8:00 & 16:30, and apparently the gates close at 8pm? Can anyone tell me if there is parking around the university, or if I just won't be able to bring my car? I really wanted it to go home at weekends etc as well

Thanks,
    Amy
    Hey,
    sorry this doesn't have anything to do with parking at the university but I just wondered how long it was after your interview that you were offered a place?
    I had an interview last Wednesday but haven't heard anything since!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancer.k.)
    Hi there,congratulations on your offer! From what I have seen there is very limited parking,like you said. As with commuting to placements coming from a woman who lives in the area and used to drive round the nearby areas,it is alot easier getting buses,they are so frequent and everything that I felt no need to have a car in this area. I think going home at weekends would be easy by train though don't know where you are from lol,but you can get most places from London. The choice is down to you,though if I had to decide I think it is less hassle not having a car however you could always trial it for a few weeks and if it's not working out easier drive home at the weekend and leave it there I'm starting primary Ed
    Thank you so so much for your message!!! I think public transport seems the way to go...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.