Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I just got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde for Politics. Maybe someone studying politics, could tell all about it? Are You happy with the course? About lecturers? Oppurtunities to study abroad for one year?

Thank You very much for Your time

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I currently study politics at Strathclyde and it is ok. I applied for politics, however i have found when picking 2 other subjects that I enjoy them more than I enjoy politics (despite my love for politics).

What sort of experience do you have in Politics, class wise? I had only Modern Studies and I must say Politics is very different, much more abstract and certainly mentally challenging.

The lecturers are very good, intellectual and very informative. Although, you HAVE to attend lectures because their powerpoints are quite bare, therefore you rely on the notes you take from the lectures.

The course itself is quite good - you have no exams first semester - 'only' 2 subjects, which 'eases' you in to University. Although the first essay is due in mid October. The final exam seems quite tough.

As for studying abroad - the options are very limited unfortunately. I believe there is opportunities in Sweden and a few U.S. states, but certainly nothing exciting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jg2012)
    Hi,

I currently study politics at Strathclyde and it is ok. I applied for politics, however i have found when picking 2 other subjects that I enjoy them more than I enjoy politics (despite my love for politics).

What sort of experience do you have in Politics, class wise? I had only Modern Studies and I must say Politics is very different, much more abstract and certainly mentally challenging.

The lecturers are very good, intellectual and very informative. Although, you HAVE to attend lectures because their powerpoints are quite bare, therefore you rely on the notes you take from the lectures.

The course itself is quite good - you have no exams first semester - 'only' 2 subjects, which 'eases' you in to University. Although the first essay is due in mid October. The final exam seems quite tough.

As for studying abroad - the options are very limited unfortunately. I believe there is opportunities in Sweden and a few U.S. states, but certainly nothing exciting.

Thank You very much for Your repply

What other subjects do you chose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbie8)
    Thank You very much for Your repply

What other subjects do you chose?
    There's lots of subjects you can chose alongside Politics (although you can only pick 2)

There is: English, History, Law, Psychology, Italian, French, economics, marketing, human resources and I think maths.

And well done btw, getting an unconditional offer for a good university is really tough nowadays. Kudos to you !

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.