The Student Room Group

Picking a postgraduate Radiotherapy course

Hi!

I'm currently in my second year of a Psychology degree; I like it a lot but I've always wanted to work in healthcare. One of my modules required research into a future career, and I've discovered that I'm actually eligible to study a conversion course to become a Therapeutic Radiographer.

I'm looking in particular at the course offered by the University of Liverpool, and I'm trying to get organised to go to the Open Day in September. But, as always, I'm a worrier, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. The Radiotherapy and Oncology course at QMU in Edinburgh looks good too, but I have certain reservations.

I won't be able to make it to QMU's open day in April; although I could potentially travel over at another date to see the university, it wouldn't be the same. On the other hand, I'll be able to attend the Liverpool open day which would give me a much better idea of the uni, the city, and the course itself.

The course at Liverpool requires a 2:1, and the course at QMU only specifies a science-related honours degree; no specified classification. I'd probably be wise to enquire if QMU do actually have a degree class requirement.

I am conflicted, because Liverpool gets higher table rankings than QMU, but since both courses lead to the same outcome (HPC registration as a radiographer) is this really such a big deal with my particular course, with regards to which uni is more 'respected'?

So...if anyone is studying either of these courses, or is a postgrad at either Liverpool or QMU, please give me some advice...I figured that applying for both might be a good option, but I'm not sure. How is the course? I love Edinburgh as a city (although I know QMU is on the outskirts), and Liverpool is looking pretty awesome too. I just can't get over the bias that Liverpool would be 'better'...especially since I'm able to go to one open day and not the other.

(Should note also that there's another radiotherapy course in London but I don't have the money for London :tongue: )
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending