Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I'm currently in my second year of a Psychology degree; I like it a lot but I've always wanted to work in healthcare. One of my modules required research into a future career, and I've discovered that I'm actually eligible to study a conversion course to become a Therapeutic Radiographer.

    I'm looking in particular at the course offered by the University of Liverpool, and I'm trying to get organised to go to the Open Day in September. But, as always, I'm a worrier, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. The Radiotherapy and Oncology course at QMU in Edinburgh looks good too, but I have certain reservations.

    I won't be able to make it to QMU's open day in April; although I could potentially travel over at another date to see the university, it wouldn't be the same. On the other hand, I'll be able to attend the Liverpool open day which would give me a much better idea of the uni, the city, and the course itself.

    The course at Liverpool requires a 2:1, and the course at QMU only specifies a science-related honours degree; no specified classification. I'd probably be wise to enquire if QMU do actually have a degree class requirement.

    I am conflicted, because Liverpool gets higher table rankings than QMU, but since both courses lead to the same outcome (HPC registration as a radiographer) is this really such a big deal with my particular course, with regards to which uni is more 'respected'?

    So...if anyone is studying either of these courses, or is a postgrad at either Liverpool or QMU, please give me some advice...I figured that applying for both might be a good option, but I'm not sure. How is the course? I love Edinburgh as a city (although I know QMU is on the outskirts), and Liverpool is looking pretty awesome too. I just can't get over the bias that Liverpool would be 'better'...especially since I'm able to go to one open day and not the other.

    (Should note also that there's another radiotherapy course in London but I don't have the money for London )
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.