Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had sex with this guy I'm seeing for the first time the other night, we were going at it a while, and in the end he pulled out and finished off with foreplay.

Is this normal?

I've never failed to make a guy come from sex, and I feel really inadequate now?

Would nerves have anything to do with this?

Some guys are like that. My boyfriend occasionally finishes off completely through foreplay because he loves intimacy. He's doing it less now that he knows I prefer (lots and lots of) sex.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was scared of getting you pregnant (even if he was wearing a condom and you were on the pill).

ReputationRep:
    Some guys get anxious and have difficulties having an orgasm through intercourse with someone new. Until they're used to you, it could take a while, but it's nothing to be concerned about. It definitely wasn't your fault!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes its difficult to achieve orgasm from penetrative vaginal sex, don't take it offensively or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    he pulled out and finished off with foreplay
    My boyfriend occasionally finishes off completely through foreplay
    I'm confused, I'm pretty sure 'foreplay' doesn't refer to a specific activity but rather to just generally all the sexual stuff that comes before actual intercourse.

But as others have said, some guys (and some girls) get off better with other kinds of stimulation; either of you stressing about it won't help and it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the replies, makes me feel a bit better. I've never encounter an end like that before. So I guess it made me a little paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    By any chance was he drunk? Sometimes guys get godlike stamina when they've had a few.

Had sex with this guy I'm seeing for the first time the other night, we were going at it a while, and in the end he pulled out and finished off with foreplay.

Is this normal?

I've never failed to make a guy come from sex, and I feel really inadequate now?

Would nerves have anything to do with this?
    why are you telling them about our night you said you wouldn't say anything?

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly normal, especially if he doesn't know you. Achieving orgasm is as mental as it is physical

ReputationRep:
    It was probably coitus interruptus.

ReputationRep:
    It can happen, it's not comment on you, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    could have just been tired

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.