Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there...have not seen a post for soton firmers... would really like to know other students joining this September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me! I'm doing BSC Management, what are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed German and History! Not entirely sure I'll meet my grades though, my school's dealing with coursework worries me greatly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing English?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liamp487)
    Me! I'm doing BSC Management, what are you going to study?
    Hi, i wii be doing the Meng aeronautics and astronautic course at highfield campus.. Have u applied for accommodation already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balla kensley)
    Hi, i wii be doing the Meng aeronautics and astronautic course at highfield campus.. Have u applied for accommodation already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! I applied about a month ago, and I firmed Southampton in late October haha. I just really want to go there. Have you applied yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liamp487)
    Yes! I applied about a month ago, and I firmed Southampton in late October haha. I just really want to go there. Have you applied yet?
    Yeahh..I applied last month as well...chose wessex lane and glen eyre and waiting for their replies.. And you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing languages? I've just firmed Spanish and Portuguese!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany_Stark)
    Anyone else doing languages? I've just firmed Spanish and Portuguese!
    Hello bethany,
    Congrats
    Have u applied for accommodation already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I firmed for law!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, btw there is already a thread for this

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2290035

ReputationRep:
    Its only after i created this one that ive seen the soton freshers post...anyway...u guys can post ur discussions and comments etcc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey I firmed for MEng aero + astro as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gernick)
    I'm trying to make my mind up between bristol and soton could u help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gernick)
    Hi gernick, and u have applied for accommodation?
    Im kensley, from mauritius.. And u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanros)
    Hi hanros,
    Bristol- expensive, heard its a nice city( southampton is nicer lol)...,great night life and if u do aeronautics there, more chance to be enrolled in the airbus company

Southampton- cheaper compared to bristol, lively nightlife, nicer city. The airbus company uses southampton wind tunnel for experiment..u do have a simulator compared to other universities...soton have 2 actually...one made by airbus and the other by students...
    Its a smaller city or rather a more student based city..
    Moreover, the ratio of tutor to students is very small compared to that of bristol..i think about 1-10...
    Not to forget that southampton is the warmest city in the uk( england).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi hanros,
    Bristol- expensive, heard its a nice city( southampton is nicer lol)...,great night life and if u do aeronautics there, more chance to be enrolled in the airbus company

Southampton- cheaper compared to bristol, lively nightlife, nicer city. The airbus company uses southampton wind tunnel for experiment..u do have a simulator compared to other universities...soton have 2 actually...one made by airbus and the other by students...
    Its a smaller city or rather a more student based city..
    Moreover, the ratio of tutor to students is very small compared to that of bristol..i think about 1-10...
    Not to forget that southampton is the warmest city in the uk( england).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for the reply. what about the courses though? I have heard the course at Soton is the preferred course by airbus, although that is what it says on their website

ReputationRep:
    Agree with u...and airbus uses the uni apparatus to carry out experiments and tests and all that..this means that for soton will be the ideal place to study aeronautics as students would use professional equipments and perhaps would meet and work with professional engineers etc...this is the reason why i chose southampton in contrast with other universities in the uk.
    Apart from that from the times league table...southampton stands first for aeronautical engineering and from other league tables,it is among the top 5 or 10 in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would defenitely recommend you to watch these two videos on youtube..
    ' 10 reasons to study physics and astronomy at southampton' and 'university of southampton- how we measure up'
    Its indirectly linked to aero course and im sure it will help you to choose between bristol and southampton...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanros)
    Yeah I had exactly the same (offer from both)... At the end I chose Southampton because I heard from quite many people that soton is well known for good engineering courses and they've got a flight simulator

I even had an offer from imperial but because the offer was too high I chose soton

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.