Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting an exam in summer for AS unit 2 - Britain and Appeasement (AQA) but I'm really struggling to find any revision guides or text books. Can anyone recommend any for me please? The range I was recommended doesn't currently have a book for this topic yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    I'm sitting an exam in summer for AS unit 2 - Britain and Appeasement (AQA) but I'm really struggling to find any revision guides or text books. Can anyone recommend any for me please? The range I was recommended doesn't currently have a book for this topic yet.
    Hey I did coursework on appeasement - here's a list of the books I used:

Alan Farmer -An Introduction to Modern European History
    Julian Jackson- Europe 1900 – 1945
    Raphael Lemkin - Axis Rule in Occupied Europe
    Norman Lowe - Mastering Modern World History
    William Shirer - The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich
    A.J.P Taylor - Origins of the Second World War

(the ones in bold were the ones that were the most helpful I think (it was quite a while ago I did this)
    hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else do this paper today?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, thought it went reasonably well - liked the Chamberlain and Munich questions especially. Had a little bit of a problem coming up with points for the source questions, but got there in the end :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.