The Student Room Group

How do I apply for loans, accom or student accounts if I'm not sure where I'm going?

Hey, well basically, I have offers from Manchester (AAA), Kings (AAA) and Exeter (AAB). I think for me it's more likely I'll be able to get into Exeter than the others, but conventional wisdom would say I should put King's or Manchester as my first choice. Am I correct in thinking that when you apply for student finance, tuition etc. you do so assuming you'll get into your first choice? I think it would be better if I only chose Exeter, but I might regret it if I do get AAA. And what happens if I don't get into the university of my choice? Do you have to amend everything? So confuuuuusingg
Original post by Tragic_Magic
Hey, well basically, I have offers from Manchester (AAA), Kings (AAA) and Exeter (AAB). I think for me it's more likely I'll be able to get into Exeter than the others, but conventional wisdom would say I should put King's or Manchester as my first choice. Am I correct in thinking that when you apply for student finance, tuition etc. you do so assuming you'll get into your first choice? I think it would be better if I only chose Exeter, but I might regret it if I do get AAA. And what happens if I don't get into the university of my choice? Do you have to amend everything? So confuuuuusingg

You apply for student finance now - you can change your uni and course online later on once you know where you're going.

You don't NEED a student account for student finance - you can use ANY bank account. You can also change these details online later on.

As for accommodation, different uni's have different rules about when to apply for accommodation but you can usually only apply for accommodation at your firm choice.
Reply 2
For a student bank account, they only need proof (UCAS letter) that you've applied. With Lloyds, (no idea about others) they give you an early bird account and then give you full access to the student account when you've been accepted on to your course and are ready to start there.

For student finance, just put down the one you're most likely to apply to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending