Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

FACEIT.COM - The new Quake Live & CS:GO gaming platform! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a die hard Quake fan, so wanted to share this to anyone who plays Quake Live/CS:GO and hasn't heard of it yet.

Quake ~ It's a gaming platform, with weekly cups, for all different levels of Duel, and even has some Clan Arena and TDM tourneys. The winter season league table is almost over, where pretty much all the Quake pros have competed at one point, and most very frequently. It has a match finder for Duel, and ladder rankings also, along with http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv for their Sunday cup coverage, casters are usually DDK along with Ins/Stermy/Zoot and last week a special appearance from 2GD! At the end of the winter table (this week, started about 6 months ago), the top 8 in the table will play for the £500 Winter prize pool cup. Weekly winners also get £125, 2nd place £60 etc. There is a cash incentive at all levels for playing, obviously the most being at the highest level.

CS:GO ~ They've included this fairly new, but it's pretty much the same, weekly tournaments for the best and at all levels too I assume, the weekly cups being held on Saturday so as not to clash with Quake Live. Also casted by DDK on twitch. Don't know much more since I don't play much CS, but it seems to be just as awesome as what they've done with Quake Live.

So yeah, that about it from me. A couple of links if you're interested in finding out more;

https://www.facebook.com/FaceitCommunity
    http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FACEITcom

And I will leave you with the Harosh Top 5 Plays from last month which was brilliant That's all from me, enjoy the new top skill based FPS community

ReputationRep:
    Am I allowed to bump?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing new frag movie from FACEIT, from the winter championship finale!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how big the quake scene there is but I can't imagine the CS:GO will get that far off the ground. There are just too many large, well established CS:GO websites/competition organisers already.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't say about CS:GO, but for Quake Live, which does have a significantly smaller scene, though with arguably more tournaments (at least two a week for the highest level, more a lower levels), dominated by a select few. FACEIT is the best thing to happen for Quake players since the Zotac weekly tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    FACEIT has just partnered with Razer recently. Great things to come soon!

ReputationRep:
    SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP FINALE FRAG VIDEO, A MUST WATCH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    I have no idea how big the quake scene there is but I can't imagine the CS:GO will get that far off the ground. There are just too many large, well established CS:GO websites/competition organisers already.
    Just to update you, CS:GO is generating about 8-10k viewers for their streams, that's pretty decent right?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing QuakeCon 2013, a little trailer;

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.