The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Danithestudent
http://www.petitiononline.com/Period12/petition.html

Even the guys, Sign sign sign sign

This isn't spam this a reputable cause!!!!

i second that!!
Reply 2
aye, viva la dani :biggrin:
Reply 3
Signed.... keep it going!
Reply 4
blissy
Signed.... keep it going!

should i sign it? or would it sort of ruin things?
Reply 5
'
{ingnik']should i sign it? or would it sort of ruin things?

no. why?
sign it, sign it! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Tinykates
no. why?

if you object to sadistic jokes look away now...

:biggrin: lets just say i dont exactly bleed for the cause :biggrin:

im sorry, i'll pack my virtual bags
Reply 7
'
{ingnik']if you object to sadistic jokes look away now...

:biggrin: lets just say i dont exactly bleed for the cause :biggrin:

im sorry, i'll pack my virtual bags

well that went down well
i signed, i'm fed up with paying tax
Reply 9
'
{ingnik']well that went down well

hehe - i had no comment, so i didn't post
Reply 10
Yes, this petition will actually make a change...oh wait.
Reply 11
With a cast-iron, important petition like this - surely it is only time before it has the most signatures.
Reply 12
Signed :biggrin:
Reply 13
I'm sorry, what nonsense is this?

If you object to paying tax on sanitary towels or tampons, then why don't you do what women had to do before they were around?? Get yourself a cotton nappy that you can wash and re-use!

Sure, periods aren't a luxury; but disposable, easy-to-use, soft, simple methods of staying clean ARE!

I need to buy clothes, they're not a luxury; should I pay tax on them? Can't get from my home to anywhere without a car. Is petrol therefore a luxury to me, should I pay tax on that?

No-one's forcing you to buy sanitary products.
*shakes head* it gets worse
hehe I know somebody who went on a march for this cause...aparantly there were feeble jokes a plenty!
onlylittleme
hehe I know somebody who went on a march for this cause...aparantly there were feeble jokes a plenty!

I know PLENTY of people that would complain if we just stopped buying them. The hygeine problems...the smell.....the mingingness...the amount of underwear one would go through *shivers*

Until you sit next to someone who cannot afford sanitary towels etc you do not know the horribbleness.

I bought 10 tampons today and it was £2.45...doesn't sound too steep does it?

But accounting to the fact they last about 6 hours there are four 6 hours in one day. The average period lasts up to a week.

So that's 7x4=21 that's more than five pounds a month...a year that's £60 a year... take away 17.5% of that is at least a £15 on tax

That's not even accounting for the heaviness etc which incedentally affects the amount of consumption of the products...
And as we are all students of some form or another and we all know the importance of budgeting etc. That's £60 that blokes can spend on two video games etc whereas due to the fact we are in the female of the species we have to spend out just because we are female!
Guys think of it as if there was a willy tax. Every year from the age you started puberty you had to go along and have your willy measured. If your willy was more than the national average you would be charged extra tax on top of it just because of the amount of it.
Even though it's just part of you you'd be taxed on it....is that fair?
Reply 19
Danithestudent
But accounting to the fact they last about 6 hours there are four 6 hours in one day. The average period lasts up to a week.

In which case, what's wrong with my idea? You could have a washable one, reusable. Work for 6 hours on flexitime, go home and change. 6 hours sleep is certainly pretty adequate, or you could have a more heavy duty night one for you to last 8.

Danithestudent
So that's 7x4=21 that's more than five pounds a month...a year that's £60 a year... take away 17.5% of that is at least a £15 on tax

So you're complaining about a tax of £15 per woman per year when the average salary is something just into five figures? Most graduates are easily earning around the £20000 mark in their first job. Would you notice the difference in your salary if it were £19985 rather than £20000?

I'm sorry, it's a luxury.

Latest

Trending

Trending