Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Guys think of it as if there was a willy tax. Every year from the age you started puberty you had to go along and have your willy measured. If your willy was more than the national average you would be charged extra tax on top of it just because of the amount of it.
    Even though it's just part of you you'd be taxed on it....is that fair?
    No. But if once a month my "willy" produced a discharge that was unsanitary and a little unpleasant, but unfortunately necessary, I'd happily pay £60 a year for it to be contained. And if I didn't, I'd improvise a home-made method to avoid paying and just live with it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys think of it as if there was a willy tax. Every year from the age you started puberty you had to go along and have your willy measured. If your willy was more than the national average you would be charged extra tax on top of it just because of the amount of it.
    Even though it's just part of you you'd be taxed on it....is that fair?
    wait, you've trapped us. every man would claim that their willy is above national average and so can identify with this willy tax. clever. and anyway, the penis is the only thing for which the average seems to be lower than the lowest datum point. or so we would have you women believe. im gona shut up now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarjazz)
    No. But if once a month my "willy" produced a discharge that was unsanitary and a little unpleasant, but unfortunately necessary, I'd happily pay £60 a year for it to be contained. And if I didn't, I'd improvise a home-made method to avoid paying and just live with it.
    dude, masturbation, you're offering them £60 a year or no masturbation. do not mess with these people

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you are coming from, you just haven't had a period....

I'll tell you something they are ten times nastier than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    dude, masturbation, you're offering them £60 a year or no masturbation. do not mess with these people
    huh??????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    huh??????????????
    I agree...either way we've convinced King nik so don't question it

ReputationRep:

I'm not disputing that they're nasty. I'm disputing that sanitary towels are a necessity. They're definately a luxury as there's a cheaper, less effective method you could use instead, and indeed which was used for years before someone came up with disposable tampons. You're paying because you want to operate normally and have your period pass without a hitch. That's a choice you make; if you don't like the tax, struggle by with an old t-shirt tied down there and some liberally applied scent!

ReputationRep:
    Surely I'm offering them £60 a year to not masturbate? If it helps my arguement here, then by all means....

ReputationRep:
    oh, im sure the males suffer more than you. you dont have to put up with yourselves for a few days a month. *slaps self on wrist* spamming, nik, spamming, stop posting now

ReputationRep:
    That's a choice you make; if you don't like the tax, struggle by with an old t-shirt tied down there and some liberally applied scent!
    It's actually very unhygenic and don't even think about putting scent down there....infections agogo

ReputationRep:
    Why is a reusable solution less hygenic than a disposable one, assuming it's cleaned correctly?

Come on, justify your petition; I'm still far from convinced that these aren't a luxury!

ReputationRep:
    It's actually very unhygenic and don't even think about putting scent down there....infections agogo
    shall we stop there boys and girls. zarjeewotever, you simply cant argue with girls when it comes to periods.

ReputationRep:
    shall we stop there boys and girls. zarjeewotever, you simply cant argue with girls when it comes to periods.
    i agree - girls do have it tough

ReputationRep:

I'd say 20 times nastier. :eek: Men will never understand The pain we go through 4-8 days out of the month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    I'd say 20 times nastier. :eek: Men will never understand The pain we go through 4-8 days out of the month
    anyway... men shouldnt really ever have opinons on this sort of thing because its - 1 insensitive 2 silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    could it be similar to the pain dealt out by women during these few days?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I think I'm doing fairly well

So far the arguement seems to be they don't want to smell and be all "icky," and therefore the government should subsidise their sanitary products?

In which case, I now refuse to pay tax on shampoo, soap, shower gel, face wash, deoderant.............

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I think I'm doing fairly well

So far the arguement seems to be they don't want to smell and be all "icky," and therefore the government should subsidise their sanitary products?

In which case, I now refuse to pay tax on shampoo, soap, shower gel, face wash, deoderant.............
    you can make a petition for it if you want, nobody's stopping you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    anyway... men shouldnt really ever have opinons on this sort of thing because its - 1 insensitive 2 silly
    Well, it's insensitive for me to have opinions regarding the pain of periods, but I think it's perfectly legitimate for me to harbour opinions about whether or not sanitary products should be taxed....?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/Period12/petition.html

Even the guys, Sign sign sign sign

This isn't spam this a reputable cause!!!!
    *******s to that

(no pun intended)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.