Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm doing an ISA soon and I'm pretty sure the test I have to use is Chi-Square. I'm pretty confident when it comes to conducting the test, however, I'm really confused on what to put for the "interpret your results. Use the words probability and chance in your answer" question. This is for the Chi-Square test.

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlie)
    Hello, I'm doing an ISA soon and I'm pretty sure the test I have to use is Chi-Square. I'm pretty confident when it comes to conducting the test, however, I'm really confused on what to put for the "interpret your results. Use the words probability and chance in your answer" question. This is for the Chi-Square test.

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated.
    1)Calculate your Chi-squared value
    2)From this, obtain a p-value (or some approximation) using a table.
    3)"The probability of this result occurring by chance is... cite p-value or say whether it is greater or lower than 0.05. I can therefore accept/reject the null hypothesis, frame in biological context.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.