Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am currently studying PSYA3 and I will taking my exam this summer on this unit.

Basically I got 78 UMS from unit 4, 83=unit 1 and 73=unit 2.

That gives a total of 234 so far and I need

86 in this unit to get an A overall but 46 to get a B. (I need an A to get into University really)

I can't re take my unit 2 as I have too many exams this year and I don't want an overload of exams and focus on my re-sit and neglect unit 3.

So how do you sustain the best marks and score high in the exams?

I am currently workin at a B/A in my essay writing, but can anyone perhaps give me advice on what contents need to go in my essay to get 19/24 and above.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much, I'd really like to hear your advice.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIL$-SOL)
    Hey guys,

I am currently studying PSYA3 and I will taking my exam this summer on this unit.

Basically I got 78 UMS from unit 4, 83=unit 1 and 73=unit 2.

That gives a total of 234 so far and I need

86 in this unit to get an A overall but 46 to get a B. (I need an A to get into University really)

I can't re take my unit 2 as I have too many exams this year and I don't want an overload of exams and focus on my re-sit and neglect unit 3.

So how do you sustain the best marks and score high in the exams?

I am currently workin at a B/A in my essay writing, but can anyone perhaps give me advice on what contents need to go in my essay to get 19/24 and above.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much, I'd really like to hear your advice.

Thanks.
    Hi buddy , unfortunately I am still on Unit 1 (just started the course this Jan), and I am loving it so far! Hope you get some proper information from people who have sat Unit 3 and did well. How did you find Unit 1? I notice you did the best in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bell_wv)
    Hi buddy , unfortunately I am still on Unit 1 (just started the course this Jan), and I am loving it so far! Hope you get some proper information from people who have sat Unit 3 and did well. How did you find Unit 1? I notice you did the best in it
    Let me tell you a little story originally I got 48 in unit 1 which is an E, (Was very depressed) and then re sat the exam in June 2012 and got an A.

To be honest the paper was much more difficult in June than in was in Jan, but I just remembered to put detail in all my answers and really expanded my answers a skill needed in A2. Unit 3 is a different exam altogether it is 3 essays basically. So AS units are alot easier to follow.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you a little story originally I got 48 in unit 1 which is an E, (Was very depressed) and then re sat the exam in June 2012 and got an A.

To be honest the paper was much more difficult in June than in was in Jan, but I just remembered to put detail in all my answers and really expanded my answers a skill needed in A2. Unit 3 is a different exam altogether it is 3 essays basically. So AS units are alot easier to follow.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the insight, that certainly helps! It's harder for me as I am studying from home, with no teacher to help frame my answers or mark my work. It's certainly more challenging for me but I am working as hard as I can and will continue to do so with the hope I can achieve an A.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the insight, that certainly helps! It's harder for me as I am studying from home, with no teacher to help frame my answers or mark my work. It's certainly more challenging for me but I am working as hard as I can and will continue to do so with the hope I can achieve an A.
    Bless you. Well your on TSR and you'll have lots of kind people like me willing to help.
    There is also an online site called getrevising you can sign up its free, lots of online resources might put up my PowerPoint for you to look at if you want.
    One resource that's good to use is the student unit guide from AQA it is really good.

ReputationRep:
    Bless you. Well your on TSR and you'll have lots of kind people like me willing to help.
    There is also an online site called getrevising you can sign up its free, lots of online resources might put up my PowerPoint for you to look at if you want.
    One resource that's good to use is the student unit guide from AQA it is really good.
    Thanks a bunch for your time! I will need to get on and check it out. This laptop is so slow tho, waiting on my new macbook air arriving today, cannot bloody wait

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a bunch for your time! I will need to get on and check it out. This laptop is so slow tho, waiting on my new macbook air arriving today, cannot bloody wait
    Thats really lucky I wish I had a Mac, maybe I'll get one for university! They are amazing and reliable to use. Your welcome.x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.