Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Women making themselves unhappy through careerism/feminism? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A lot of women with things going for them have seemingly convinced themselves that it is career that is their obsession and have no interest in kids. Maybe they are picky about men, I dunno, or looking for something different all the time. But might I suggest that they may have just gotten it all wrong, and be denying themselves happiness? I'd be very curious as to what goes on behind closed doors with these seemingly career obsessed, aloof women, I migth even feel more sorry for them than the superhuman facade they potray. Maybe kids etc is what they long for, but they don;t realise how they are alienating men.

Anyway, what is going on?

ReputationRep:
    People in general are making themselves unhappy by allowing their lives to revolve around emotionally unfulfilling careers, not just women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    People in general are making themselves unhappy by allowing their lives to revolve around emotionally unfulfilling careers, not just women.
    Like parents working long hours and not seeing much of their children growing up...later to regret it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.