Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FWB problem - am I being unreasonable? Watch

Following on from this thread...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2251837

I'd say right now I've lost a bit of respect for him and like him slightly less, and I can no longer see him being in my life for a long time - this is partially out of my own choice but mainly due to the fact that he has a phobia of committing and so this isn't what I want anymore as it isn't emotionally satisfying.

He has remained so loyal to me, but over the past few weeks I've been going out a bit more, got with a few guys in clubs, and have been flirting with a few guys. At times I feel guilty, but then I remember we're just FWBs and I feel fine again.

Anyway, we hadn't seen each other for a few weeks, and we ended up arguing on Friday - I then decided that I didn't want him in my life anymore and I've been avoiding him since. Usually, I can go around three days without talking to him before I start to really miss him and feel bad, but now I don't care. He's been messaging me since then, and I've not replied, but I think he feels that if he is persistent and carries on then eventually I'll come running back to him (which always happens).
    I poked this guy on Facebook a few days ago, who is also friends with my FWB, and today I received a sarcastic message from my FWB telling me I'm funny for poking his friend on FB. His friend also poked me back, and I've not responded to my FWB, but I don't know if this just makes me look stupid now, or whether my FWB realises how bad he's messed up.

I'm thinking of changing my number to help me to get over him, but I don't know if this is a bit extreme? Help please.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.