Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering what it's like to clubbing sober?

I would quite like to go to my local club sober and talk to a few long lost friends in a sensible state lol

what's this like? I also find when I have been at a club and been drunk the feeling of guilt the next morning is over whelming, anyone get this too? Is this because alcohol is a depressant or something?

ReputationRep:
    It's usually eye opening and not that pleasant. I get very cynical when I go clubbing sober.

Alcohol is a depressant, it's quite common to feel sad or guilty the morning after for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    It's usually eye opening and not that pleasant. I get very cynical when I go clubbing sober.

Alcohol is a depressant, it's quite common to feel sad or guilty the morning after for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea, I can imagine.

I just feel as if I should make a sober appearance for one :L

ReputationRep:
    it's all dependent on the people you're with. I've never actually been drunk but I've been clubbing many times, and sometimes it's brilliant and sometimes it's not. This usually corresponds with how the drunk people act - if they are fun drunks it's fine, but if they are annoying drunks who get injured, lose all their belongings, get angry or upset, or leave you by yourself then it is not fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)

I would quite like to go to my local club sober and talk to a few long lost friends in a sensible state lol

what's this like? I also find when I have been at a club and been drunk the feeling of guilt the next morning is over whelming, anyone get this too? Is this because alcohol is a depressant or something?
    I've done it before. It's weird. Everyone around you instantly becomes really annoying.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME EVERY TIME! This happens regardless of what has happened the night before. I know I usually do silly little things like sing to the top of my lungs and dance around really funny but the next day I feel as though I've done anything and everything wrong. Yes you are right I think it's got something to do with that fact that alcohol acts as a depressant but sometimes I think it's all about having a guilty conscience. If my parents were to see me in some states they'd be really disappointed in me so I think that might be another reason.

It goes away after a while though (slightly) and now I just laugh everything off with the friends during the morning after debriefing

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mind going out sober before I started drinking. Enjoyed it because I didn't know any different. After you've been drunk yourself its usually a different story being sober on a night out though.

ReputationRep:

Or go to a pub.

ReputationRep:
    I did it once and had the worst night ever. Not speaking for everyone, I'm now just dependent on alcohol for a good night out.

ReputationRep:
    Jsu avoid the toilets, that is all

ReputationRep:

One of the benefits of alcohol is it greatly increases your tolerance of stupid people. And clubs are full of stupid people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This, exactly this.

ReputationRep:
    I never get sloppy drunk, but I always get tipsy. I do love wine though, I don't just drink it to get drunk, I have it with dinner almost every day.
    Going to a bar and leaving early without drinking would be fine, but even with just a girlfriend, a drink is usually a part of it. I don't 'clubbing' that often, but if I do, then yeah I'll always have a drink. A club has more of a party mood than a bar, dancing and drinking is what you do, and almost everybody will be drunk. So I can't imagine it being any fun, or any point for that matter, to go to a club sober.

ReputationRep:
    Occasionally, I've decided to drive into town, rather than drink, and I can handle it for a while. I don't think I've ever been able to stay out til closing if I stay sober, but if I drink (not even get drunk, but still be over the limit), I'm happy to stay out til closing, and going home before would be seen as an early night. I think I can probably handle the crowds better when I'm drinking because I can't feel all the people against/bumping into me so much.

But as someone else has said, if you're going to have a conversation, go to a pub! I'm more than happy to go to a pub and not drink. I do it a lot, especially in the summer. It's a cheaper night, there's no loud music, and your friends are less likely to get drunk too
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've only been clubbing twice and I must say though, that alcohol is only good if you aren't a natural dancer, it's like as if I just feel more free by having alcohol. Also, it would feel weird not to have alcohol, because everyone round you is drinking.

Some girl wanted to dance with me, even though I had alcohol I was nervous but just went with the flow really.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend it, I ended up really irritable, cynical, tired and generally miserable by the end of the night last time I tried!

ReputationRep:
    When I go to a club sober, I usually want to go home by 12/1 because my feet ache, I'm tired and I've had enough of the same sort of music over and over again. It is funny laughing at the drunk people though and it's good waking up the next day not hungover.

When I'm drunk I can last out clubbing until 3AM, even later and never get bored. I am then one of the drunk people getting laughed at I guess and I wake up the next day thinking "oh my, did I say that?" But no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashazzz)
    I didn't mind going out sober before I started drinking. Enjoyed it because I didn't know any different. After you've been drunk yourself its usually a different story being sober on a night out though.
    Definitely agree with this. Before I started drinking I would still go out clubbing with my friends and it was fine, I was able to enjoy myself because I was used to not drinking and being out with drunk people. Since I started drinking I don't think I could go to clubs sober, and even struggle with them when I feel that I'm not drunk enough and everyone else is even when I have been drinking. So doing it completely sober these days seems impossible.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this after EVERYTIME I drink the fine wine .... not pleasant !!! Wake up feelin like ****ing **** & feel very upset about the way I acted 😢 Just letting u know u aren’t the only one out there ...... I’ve got your back brother x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.