Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    So lately my friend seems to be really clingy, she wants me to go everywhere and do everything with her when I really don't want to!
    I'll be with her and my other friends all day at school and when I get home she will call me for ages and text me all the time! Then she will ask me to do something with her at the weekend and if I say I can't she needs to know exactly what I'm doing!

I don't want to tell her to leave me alone because she will just fall out with me and I dont want that because she really is a lovely person.

Any advice on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreeFlying)
    So lately my friend seems to be really clingy, she wants me to go everywhere and do everything with her when I really don't want to!
    I'll be with her and my other friends all day at school and when I get home she will call me for ages and text me all the time! Then she will ask me to do something with her at the weekend and if I say I can't she needs to know exactly what I'm doing!

I don't want to tell her to leave me alone because she will just fall out with me and I dont want that because she really is a lovely person.

Any advice on what I should do?
    maybe she wants to see if you like her outside of school. I thought i was being used because one girl only wanted me to ride the bus to flight school...and on the odd day that she did ask me to come over, it was to bring the laptop or she asked me to buy her a burger.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's the attention she lacks from her family, maybe it's a cry for attention, maybe she's just genuinely clingy? But ask her gently why she feels this obsession? After all, you are friends not partners.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe offer to meet up with her outside of school? She may be having a personal crisis and is looking for reassurance.

ReputationRep:
    Ha I had one of those. Just say no, tell her you need some space

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.