Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I've been using scholar to work on my physics and I came across this question.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

(Original post by GreigM)
    Hi all I've been using scholar to work on my physics and I came across this question.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The question states there are 50 lines per mm.
    So how far apart are the lines if 50 fit in a length 1mm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stonebridge)
    The question states there are 50 lines per mm.
    So how far apart are the lines if 50 fit in a length 1mm?
    I'm sorry but I have no idea. Can you show me please?

(Original post by GreigM)
    I'm sorry but I have no idea. Can you show me please?
    Answer this first.

If you have 5 cars end to end and they stretch 10m, what is the length of one car?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    2m

If you placed sticks in the ground and put 50 in a distance of 100m, what would be the distance between them?
    If you have 50 parallel lines drawn (equal separation) on a piece of paper and they take up 10cm, how far apart are they?
    Finally, if you have 50 parallel lines drawn on a slide and they take up 1mm, how far apart are they.

I can't make it any easier without telling you the answer.
    You need to work this out for yourself, otherwise you will not understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stonebridge)
    Answer this first.

If you have 5 cars end to end and they stretch 10m, what is the length of one car?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    2m

If you placed sticks in the ground and put 50 in a distance of 100m, what would be the distance between them?
    If you have 50 parallel lines drawn (equal separation) on a piece of paper and they take up 10cm, how far apart are they?
    Finally, if you have 50 parallel lines drawn on a slide and they take up 1mm, how far apart are they.

I can't make it any easier without telling you the answer.
    You need to work this out for yourself, otherwise you will not understand it.

Ahh now i get it!

Thanks you so much for your help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.