Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently in the second year of my course (120 credits a year, six 20 credit modules a year, 360 credits all together).

The handbook suggests that the best 180 credits will make up my final classification and 80 credits can be used from the second year, the other 100 from the final year.

I've currently completed 40 credits in my second year and obtained a 2.1 in both modules. If I can get similar grades in two more modules then does that mean I am on track for a 2.1? May I add that they are around the 63/65% range.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    The only grades you've got so far are both mid 2.1s? Then yes, it's early days of course, but that's the right start for getting a 2.1 :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    The only grades you've got so far are both mid 2.1s? Then yes, it's early days of course, but that's the right start for getting a 2.1 :yes:
    How much would a low 2.1 in a module set me back, is it terrible to get a low 2.1 in the 60-63% range?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    How much would a low 2.1 in a module set me back, is it terrible to get a low 2.1 in the 60-63% range?
    If your aim is to get a 2.1 overall then a low 2.1 isn't a setback, it just gives you slightly less breathing room to make up for an actual setback, which would be getting less than a 2.1 in a module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    If your aim is to get a 2.1 overall then a low 2.1 isn't a setback, it just gives you slightly less breathing room to make up for an actual setback, which would be getting less than a 2.1 in a module.
    Thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I've currently completed 40 credits in my second year and obtained a 2.1 in both modules. If I can get similar grades in two more modules then does that mean I am on track for a 2.1? May I add that they are around the 63/65% range.
    Yes, if you keep getting 2.1s then, surprisingly, you will finish with a 2.1! Your chances are increased by the fact that you can choose your best modules. I know a couple of people who have really ballsed up just one or two modules and it's cost them their 2.1 after being on track for a 2.1 for the majority of their degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    Yes, if you keep getting 2.1s then, surprisingly, you will finish with a 2.1! Your chances are increased by the fact that you can choose your best modules. I know a couple of people who have really ballsed up just one or two modules and it's cost them their 2.1 after being on track for a 2.1 for the majority of their degree.
    I suppose those chances will be decreased for me in the final year, when I can only perform poorly in one module.

ReputationRep:
    I've done more or less eight exams each year, getting 2.2s all over the shop. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.conquercollege.com/gradecalc/

^ Helpful site to work out your grades so far and what you need.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.