Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I need a good party dress! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I just joined the forum and wonder whether you can recommend where to look for good party dresses - I want something funky, preferably in black, and something that I could also wear with a cardigan for a nice meal out or something.

I want to spend about £50 maximum -any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    On-line: ASOS, Both Missguided.co.uk and Boo hoo.com are pretty cheap for Going out dresses and Day dresses

High Street: Personally I love Miss Selfridge, they always have good quality and more 'individual' style to the garments and there is less chance of someone else wearing the garment (in my town anyway for sure as its not in the main shopping mall)
    Also Look at Dorothy Perkins- They are great for versatile dresses. Along with Topshop.

ReputationRep:
    *Bank - they have good sales and dresses for different occasions
    *Little mistress
    *Asos
    *Newlook
    *USC
    *Jane Norman
    *River island
    *Quiz
    *Dorothy Perkins
    *H&M
    *House of Fraser sale is good
    *Debenhams sale
    *Ax Paris
    *Rare London - good prices and choice, haven't purchased from them so can't comment on quality
    *Select

Lots of places have sales around easter as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also recommend Boohoo and Asos.

TK Maxx.. Never know what you';; find though their designated occasion dresses are hideously overpriced tat.

Try buying a full-length skirt (or skirt and top you have) from a charity shop and wearing a wide belt (or corset!) around it to make it a pretty, new, funky dress! I've done it many a time... with alot of pictures and compliments to back the idea :3

Primark, of course are a good choice. Don't turn your nose up- they likely use the same fabrics as everyone else lol. I prefer their designers over actual designer labels, often.

Ebay!

Also, Milanoo.com. They've got dresses, costumes, tiaras and more accessories than you can shake a stick at for surprisingly cheap. I buy alot of their Lolita products at a fraction of the cost elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    topshop
    bank
    H&m
    miss selfridge
    Bravesoul.co.uk
    boohoo.com
    miss guided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
    Also, Milanoo.com. They've got dresses, costumes, tiaras and more accessories than you can shake a stick at for surprisingly cheap. I buy alot of their Lolita products at a fraction of the cost elsewhere.
    I've always wanted to buy from there. What is the quality like and do the clothes look like those pictured? Those are my main concerns

ReputationRep:
    nastygal.com is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    I've always wanted to buy from there. What is the quality like and do the clothes look like those pictured? Those are my main concerns
    Oh they do look like as pictured. Just be careful that is you buy skirts to check if they specify whether or not the petticoat is included. You can get a cheap one from them or Lightinthebox.com anyway but it's worth bearing in mind. The fabric isn't super high quality but it certainly looks nice, and if you take care of your clothes the stuff should last a lifetime.

It's particularly nice for accessories. if you want something particular for one occasion, go splash out on a bunch of things in different colors.

I was very surprised to get a mini top hat for like £4 that just looks adorable. If you're going for things that tend to be made form synthetic fabric expect it to be a little stiff, but if you want something that really looks the part, I'd certainly buy there than bankrupting yourself on a dress you may not wear again. I just got the cutest sailor blouse trimmed with lace from there... I'd also recommend it for budget bridal stuff.

If you're like me and don't just 'go shopping' much, like you have something specific in mind, you will most likely find your dream dress on a budget there.

ReputationRep:
    ASOS, or Forever 21!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.