Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What's happened to hotmail? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always used hotmail for my emails, but my inbox has completely changed and now it's called Outlook? I hate the new layout, it's so bland and I'm seriously thinking of getting an new email account with yahoo instead.

Is there any way of getting the old hotmail back? Surely it can't just be me who hates the new one?

ReputationRep:
    No there is no way!! I HATE OUTLOOK! dont even check my uni email because its outlook. It's disgusting and slow. I want hotmail back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelyknight)
    I've always used hotmail for my emails, but my inbox has completely changed and now it's called Outlook? I hate the new layout, it's so bland and I'm seriously thinking of getting an new email account with yahoo instead.

Is there any way of getting the old hotmail back? Surely it can't just be me who hates the new one?

Why not use an email client on your computer rather than webmail? The programs are usually much more powerful and have the convenience of managing multiple accounts in one place.

ReputationRep:
    The last time I used hotmail was during the final year of secondary.

Ah, memories :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it too! I didnt mind that you could change it back but now, noooo. We're bein given forced to use it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Yeah, they have pretty much killed it off in its old form and rebranded it as 'Outlook'.

I switched to Gmail a couple of years back and haven't looked back since. :yep:
    Last time I used Gmail was when I submitted my assignment to my lecturer.

She didn't receive it.

So, I stop using it :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you can't get it back. I switched to Gmail.

ReputationRep:
    It's teamed up with msn.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks guys.
    Shame, I used to be fond of hotmail.

Yes, I have used 'hotmail' for many years, 'Outlook' is total ****e.

Everything's being redesigned for use on a tablet/a touch screen.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it hasn't been "Hotmail" for a few years. It was part of Windows Live and has now been absorbed by Outlook.

Me? I use Windows Live Mail. It's a client on my computer which downloads my emails on a regular basis (like the Outlook software does) and it means I don't have to use Outlook.com and I can manage several accounts at the same time. I have four email accounts wired up at the moment so I don't have to keep signing in nor out.

ReputationRep:
    I like the new layout. But I think it's more suitable for touch screen PCs and tablets. I switched to Gmail though, because I didn't like the Hotmail Android app UI and I use my email more on my phone than the computer. It's quite easy to switch, just set it up to forward emails from Hotmail to Gmail. On the computer, I use Windows Live Mail to receive all my mails using POP3, so the layout doesn't really affect me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Yes, I have used 'hotmail' for many years, 'Outlook' is total ****e.

Everything's being redesigned for use on a tablet/a touch screen.
    I have used hotmail since I was eleven It's gonna hurt me using a different one Do you still use 'hotmail/outlook' or have you made a new account with someone else?

ReputationRep:
    Outlook is S***!

I've switched to gmail, it's so much better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still on hotmail, haven't clicked on the glaring advertisement saying to get outlook yet, so I'm happy... though the old hotmail is starting to tear apart (noticed a few extra errors)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I'm still on hotmail, haven't clicked on the glaring advertisement saying to get outlook yet, so I'm happy... though the old hotmail is starting to tear apart (noticed a few extra errors)
    hotmail will automatically turn to outlook. It's disgusting tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Outlook too. I don't care about the name change, it's just that they completely changed the style and it's slower as well.

ReputationRep:
    I accidently clicked to change to the new hotmail ages ago but I've gotten used to it and now prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Enjoy Hotmail while you can because one day (most likely in a few days) you're going to wake up and see that good ol' Hotmail - the friend, has been replaced by Outlook - the fool.

ReputationRep:
    Its so ugly, if I didn't actually use my hotmail email for literally everything I would stop using it:mad:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.