The Student Room Group

Leeds College of Art 2013/14

Hi :smile:

I'm starting Leeds CoA in September (Surface pattern) and was wondering who else is going? And which accommodation you're all staying in, as Im hoping to book mine in the next week or so!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
I think I'm going and I was looking at Plaza hehe :smile:
Reply 2
I'm going on Tuesday to look round so Ill take some pictures :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What are you studying? I've accepted my offer there now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I've applied for creative advertising and I'm accepting my offer really soon as well! I know Leeds really well so I'm not worried hehe!!!
Reply 5
I'm from the Midlands and I don't know Leeds at all! You'll have to let me know which flat you decide to book!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm doing graphic design come september. currently looking at accommodation myself! i dunno which to choose yet but i've heard royal park flats is a fun place to be and its the cheapest i've seen.
Reply 7
I've not heard of that accommodation! Where abouts is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
in hyde park which is a popular student area. i probably will end up going there
Reply 9
I'm going to Leeds on tuesday to look at some accommodation so I might check that out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I think I'm going to leeds to do surface pattern too! and from the midlands... I've only really heard of carlton hill and liberty park as suggested by the college are these two no no's?
Reply 11
Liberty park is 25 ish minutes walk away from the Uni which put me off a bit especially as I don't know the area and Carlton hill is shared bathroom which I'd prefer an ensuite but I've heard good things about them. I'm going to Leeds tomorrow to look at accommodation. I'm mainly looking at The Plaza tomorrow so I could take some pictures for you and they're on offer at the minute, to make it the same price as Liberty park and is only 5/10 minute walk from the college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah I thought that one was a walk and that would be great! I've looked for accomodation in leeds and loads of results have come up I think I need to narrow it down
Reply 13
I'm going to look at the plaza but going to walk to iQ, liberty park and the broadcasting tower just to see how far they actually are and the areas they're in, because the iQ is in a 'ghetto' apparently haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm doing surface pattern too! :smile: Liberty Parks looks good although it took about 30 mins to walk there! Does anyone know where most the art students go?
Reply 15
Hiyaa

Im also going to leeds collage of art to study photography start of September, went to look at Liberty Park last week although its a walk its sooo so nice and really big also!
Reply 16
Been to look at the plaza and sky plaza today. Although I didn't get chance to take pictures, the rooms look exactly like the ones on the Unite website and is only a 5/10 minute walk away from the College. They're on offer at the minute and are the same price as Liberty Park once all the Internet etc has been added

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by georgiaLL
I'm doing surface pattern too! :smile: Liberty Parks looks good although it took about 30 mins to walk there! Does anyone know where most the art students go?

I think it varies year to year depending on personal preference and individual budgets! I think regardless of who you share with, we'll all spend time at the friends we make from our courses accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi :smile: I am starting Leeds CoA in August to study their Art and Design Foundation course, anyone else?
Reply 19
I've firmed LCoA to study photography but I'm also completely stuck on accomodation! why does the college only give you liberty park and Carlton hill to decide between when there are so many other options? I think liberty park is too much of a walk and I want an ensuite which I don't think is available at Carlton hill. where has everyone else applied to?

Quick Reply