Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like one of their batchels in light pink but wanted to get a few opinions/reviews on the before I splurge!

ReputationRep:
    Google reviews for the Batchel, there's loads of links. Personally though, I don't like it. Especially in pink.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else? The reviews online aren't that helpful. I'd like to know about sizing of the bags

ReputationRep:
    I bought a brown batchel a few months ago, and I love it. I can easily fit everything I need for uni, and I receive a lot of lovely compliments for it as well. I've been asked a couple of times whether it gets ruined in the rain, 'cos it rains quite a lot in Cardiff, but I've never had a problem. I've also occasionally packed a few too many things into it, and the sides have bulged a little, making me worry that I've ruined the satchel, but it's been fine.

If you're willing to spend the money, I'd say it's a great bag to buy. I'm not the sort of girl who goes crazy over handbags and wears a different one with each outfit. I just bring my satchel where ever I go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I bought a brown batchel a few months ago, and I love it. I can easily fit everything I need for uni, and I receive a lot of lovely compliments for it as well. I've been asked a couple of times whether it gets ruined in the rain, 'cos it rains quite a lot in Cardiff, but I've never had a problem. I've also occasionally packed a few too many things into it, and the sides have bulged a little, making me worry that I've ruined the satchel, but it's been fine.

If you're willing to spend the money, I'd say it's a great bag to buy. I'm not the sort of girl who goes crazy over handbags and wears a different one with each outfit. I just bring my satchel where ever I go.
    thankyou for the helpful answer does the bag mark easily, I'm a rather clumsy person. And what can you fit into the bag for uni? I'm worried the bag will look massive on me as I'm about 5ft2 and have heard they can 'swamp' shorter people.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotteeeee.)
    thankyou for the helpful answer does the bag mark easily, I'm a rather clumsy person. And what can you fit into the bag for uni? I'm worried the bag will look massive on me as I'm about 5ft2 and have heard they can 'swamp' shorter people.

Thanks again
    I'm 5ft 1 and I think it looks fine on me. I especially like the satchel because it makes you look rather smart.
    I've managed to get it a little muddy now and again, but that's easy to rub off, as long as you wipe it off straight away and don't let it dry.

I don't bring a laptop to uni, so I don't know if that would fit (although mine is 15" so it should do), but I normally bring a small box with my sandwiches, a bottle of water, a small notebook, couple of pens which go in the front pocket, a little purse and a box of tissues. And I normally have room to put in a few extra things as well, that's just what I have in there on a daily basis.

I think one thing you need to remember is that the satchel doesn't have compartments like some handbags do. There's a little pocket in the front, but the rest is just a big open space. There are no little pockets with zips etc. I know some people like organising their items in their bags, so just thought I'd point that out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    I'm 5ft 1 and I think it looks fine on me. I especially like the satchel because it makes you look rather smart.
    I've managed to get it a little muddy now and again, but that's easy to rub off, as long as you wipe it off straight away and don't let it dry.

I don't bring a laptop to uni, so I don't know if that would fit (although mine is 15" so it should do), but I normally bring a small box with my sandwiches, a bottle of water, a small notebook, couple of pens which go in the front pocket, a little purse and a box of tissues. And I normally have room to put in a few extra things as well, that's just what I have in there on a daily basis.

I think one thing you need to remember is that the satchel doesn't have compartments like some handbags do. There's a little pocket in the front, but the rest is just a big open space. There are no little pockets with zips etc. I know some people like organising their items in their bags, so just thought I'd point that out.
    Ah that's reassuring! Thankyou for all your great answers
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I've got two, I've had one of them for about two years now and it's still great. My older, black one has definitely aged better than my pink one, but the pink one still looks pretty good and doesn't have any marks. It got a bit muddy once because I dropped it, but it just wiped clean. When you first get it it will be very stiff, but after you've used it a bit they stretch out and you can fit more in them. I can easily fit my Macbook Pro in it, with a load of other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    I've got two, I've had one of them for about two years now and it's still great. My older, black one has definitely aged better than my pink one, but the pink one still looks pretty good and doesn't have any marks. It got a bit muddy once because I dropped it, but it just wiped clean. When you first get it it will be very stiff, but after you've used it a bit they stretch out and you can fit more in them. I can easily fit my Macbook Pro in it, with a load of other stuff.
    I've got a green one, it has got a few marks on it but I think these make it look better? They seem to age really well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the helpful replies I want to see one in person before I buy one
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KBish)
    I've got a green one, it has got a few marks on it but I think these make it look better? They seem to age really well.
    I haven't got any marks on mine, but they don't really have chance to get marked much since they're always on my shoulder or on bag racks at sixth form. They leather on my pink one is a bit cracked on the shoulder and on the top flap, but I agree, they age really nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Do you prefer the natural colours brown etc or the other shades like pink, purple etc?

(Original post by lotteeeee.)
    anyone else? The reviews online aren't that helpful. I'd like to know about sizing of the bags
    They have the full dimensions for all different sizes bags of the on the website; get yourself a ruler or tape measure then you can decide if it's big enough :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.