Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please, I really need help! (feminine problem) Watch

Something really weird is going on with my vagina!
    I've been experiencing annoying smelly discharge from it for over a year now, and it completely destroyed my sex life, so I went to various doctors seeking help. Two of them took swabs and tested for STD's and I was completely clean, they tried giving me treatments for thrush even though I didn't have thrush-like symptoms, and various other things, but nothing worked. I stopped taking my marvelon pill as they suggested several months ago but there's been no change. Finally got a referral to a gynecologist. They took swabs again (which came back clean again) and had a look but couldn't find anything wrong.
    Yesterday, I developed a small bump on my labia minora but when i looked it up on google it seemed like just a little cyst, rather than a sign of bigger problems, so I ignored it.
    Then today I was checking the cyst again and I noticed that the entrance to my vagina was all white. I tried wiping or scrubbing it off but it won't come off, it appears that the skin around and inside my vagina has turned white when it used to be a dark pink. I'm really scared! I have another gyno appointment scheduled for in four weeks and I can't do it any sooner than then as it's up at uni. I can't just go back to the doctor, all they ever do is take swabs or give me various pills that are a pain in the bum and never work.
    Can anyone suggest anything I can do? Or what it might be?

ReputationRep:
    See if there are any sexual health clinics in your area that offer a walk in service.

I am sorry for what you're going through. I had a health issue too and it was a nightmare until I got the results of my tests.

Is there any chance it might be a serious infection? I once had contacted one by using the toilets in a club (never again!) and I had terrible red marks, swelling and itching in my labia and even my thighs and knees. Some sort of allergy as it turned out! I was getting antibiotics for an entire month until there was some progress...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am sorry for what you're going through. I had a health issue too and it was a nightmare until I got the results of my tests.

Is there any chance it might be a serious infection? I once had contacted one by using the toilets in a club (never again!) and I had terrible red marks, swelling and itching in my labia and even my thighs and knees. Some sort of allergy as it turned out! I was getting antibiotics for an entire month until there was some progress...
    How did the doctor detect what it was?

How did the doctor detect what it was?
    He run some tests. He was actually the 3rd doctor I went to and the only one that actually knew what it was and told me what probably caused it. The other two gave me some cream to apply to my thighs and labia and told me that I should take many showers and avoid wearing underwear at least when it wasn't necessary and wear dresses until I saw some progress! The major problem was that it was winter and not wearing underwear and wearing dresses was a very very difficult task!!

That's how I ended up consulting another doctor (private one this time). It was unbearable to even sit and function. I couldn't concentrate because of the pain, and I missed many lectures so I was grateful that it ended even after a month!!

He run some tests. He was actually the 3rd doctor I went to and the only one that actually knew what it was and told me what probably caused it. The other two gave me some cream to apply to my thighs and labia and told me that I should take many showers and avoid wearing underwear at least when it wasn't necessary and wear dresses until I saw some progress! The major problem was that it was winter and not wearing underwear and wearing dresses was a very very difficult task!!

That's how I ended up consulting another doctor (private one this time). It was unbearable to even sit and function. I couldn't concentrate because of the pain, and I missed many lectures so I was grateful that it ended even after a month!!
    Oh dear, glad you're better now! Think my problem's a bit different but an allergy is definitely something I'll put forward to the gyno! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Girls,
    I've had a similar problem.
    Went to the doctors and didn't know what it was.
    Tested for chlamydia and the test was negative so I thought I was safe.
    Then symptoms got worse (itchiness, discharge etc) so I went online and looked for some alternative.
    I found The STI clinic after a long search and I got a full test.
    It was a bit of money but it was totally worth it. Impeccable service, results were online and I didn't even have to go to a clinic.
    Last time I went to a clinic I walked away as I felt observed and the nurse was being really loud.
    So maybe the website can help anyone having similar problems.
    I hope this helps and that by knowledge-sharing platforms such as these ones less girls won't know what to do when it comes to STIs (or STDs).

(Original post by Elenr)
    Girls,
    I've had a similar problem.
    Went to the doctors and didn't know what it was.
    Tested for chlamydia and the test was negative so I thought I was safe.
    Then symptoms got worse (itchiness, discharge etc) so I went online and looked for some alternative.
    I found The STI clinic after a long search and I got a full test.
    It was a bit of money but it was totally worth it. Impeccable service, results were online and I didn't even have to go to a clinic.
    Last time I went to a clinic I walked away as I felt observed and the nurse was being really loud.
    So maybe the website can help anyone having similar problems.
    I hope this helps and that by knowledge-sharing platforms such as these ones less girls won't know what to do when it comes to STIs (or STDs).
    Which website is this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.