Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Sorry for the anonymous post. I have friends on this forum and I'm a little embarrassed so I'm going to keep this post as vague in details as possible...

Basically, I started a social activity/group recently outside of my university and I met a guy who I was very attracted to. You have to formally commit to continue going to the group the second time you go if you want to carry on. Both he and myself joined at the same time and were intending to stay, but he had a big argument with the group leader over something silly. It wasn't his fault and he apologised, but I think the whole thing really upset him because the leader was very rude to him, so he decided not to stay. He did say he'd come back and help out with bits where he could, but he didn't want to join formally.

The thing is, I know I can contact him on fb if I want to, but I don't know if I should. It's awkward because we got on well, and at the end hugged and said that we hoped we'd meet again but nothing more. Because I have actually spent so little time with him I have no idea whether there could be anything more than a friendship there, and it's obviously going to be impossible to tell now. I know it's crazy to be this silly over someone you've not really spent much time with, but he's the first person that I've met that I've been even interested in for quite a long time.

I guess I could just send a message suggesting a drink, because I guess if he says no I'll never see him again so it wouldn't matter, but I have never asked a guy out before and I wouldn't even know what to do...

Advice very welcome... thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't message him out of the blue with a drink - just catch him online and say hi, and have a conversation. Then suggest it would be nice to see him etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out for a drink

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.