Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'll be starting a PGCE at Newcastle University in September 2013 and I'm not sure what to do about accommodation. Ideally I'd like to live in a student house (as opposed to post grad halls) but I don't know what the best way to go about finding a house/house mates is.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Have you decided yet? I'm in the same situ as you. I don't know anyone in Newcastle either. I'm planning to go in for uni acco for the first 38 weeks and then move out into private acco when I've made more friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will plan to stay at Leazes Terrace but haven't received any confirmation from the university yet.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you see this thread ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2391487

ReputationRep:
    I have got the offer today for Leazes Terrace Room No : L117
    Anybody in there ?

I also read that the room may be on the different floor than the kitchen. Any idea where this room is and is kitchen on the same floor/near to my room etc ?

I want to know this before i can accept the offer. My last date to accept is 17th July.

ReputationRep:
    Call up Newcastle Accommodation Services. They have a service where they put together first year Postgrad students into shared private accommodation. I did it when I did my masters there and it was set up easily and sorted quickly!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.