Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm planning to retake my 3rd year at university (due to a number of extenuating circumstances I failed my exams) but I don't know how to go about putting that in my finance application.

Is it as simple as selecting the 3rd year option again for the 'year of study' part? Or do I need to contact Student Finance on the telephone?

Also will I still be eligible for the same level of funding?

Thanks,

Charleigh.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charleigh,

Yes you can indicate that your are taking year 3 again and you will also be asked in your application whether you are repeating the year so make sure you say yes to this question.

Every student is entitled to one extra year of finance over the length of their course that can be used for a false start or for a repeat year. This means that if you've only had 3 years of finance so far then you will be able to get your repeat year fully funded as normal.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    That's put my mind at ease, thank you.

I'll fill in the rest of my application and send it in.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Great and glad to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there again!

My university has said that I may be able to resit half the year (or 4 modules) instead of the usual 6. Would I still be entitled to the same level of funding?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Mad,

Yes you should still be entitled to the same funding, this will just be counted as a full repeat year.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

Would I still be able to get funding if I only took 2 modules out of 6? Or would I need to take all 6 in order to receive full funding?

Can I still class it as a full year? Because SFE is going to get their money back anyway...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mad,

as long as you apply for the course and your university have classed you as a full time student then yes you would be entitled to the full funding for your course.

Thanks

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.