Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Does anyone know how to get from Birmingham to Coventry University? I don't mind where in Birmingham (New st etc) but it would be best if it's a direct route from the University of Birmingham station to Coventry University! (preferably on train)

or does anyone at least know if there are any stations close to Coventry University?

thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Try Coventry

and there is a bus to the uni i think

ReputationRep:
    You want to get the train from New Street to Coventry station, which doesn't take long. Then (it's an annoying treck), walk into town- cross over at the crossing, head towards the shops which is most likely the direction everyone else is going. If you find yourself by the Lady Godiva, you're central and can find your way to most uni buildings quite easily from there. Which building do you want?

(I'm from Coventry) xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think you can go straight to Cov from the Birmingham Uni station...but I've never done it. It shows up as a destination when you book tickets on the machine in the station though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    You want to get the train from New Street to Coventry station, which doesn't take long. Then (it's an annoying treck), walk into town- cross over at the crossing, head towards the shops which is most likely the direction everyone else is going. If you find yourself by the Lady Godiva, you're central and can find your way to most uni buildings quite easily from there. Which building do you want?

(I'm from Coventry) xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!!! I'm looking for the faculty of engineering!
    do you know any buses that go from the coventry train station to the university? thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jar93)
    Try Coventry

and there is a bus to the uni i think
    do u know which bus?

ReputationRep:
    I regularly take the New Street to Coventry train (and back out when going home). It's usually a Virgin Trains service to Euston, but it's £2.05-£2.50 depending on the time of day and if you have a rail card.

From the station to campus? You're looking at a 10-15 minute walk to the buildings closer to the station and 15-20 minutes for the ones further out. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk from Singer to the station if I'm in a hurry.

There is also a bus service which will take you from Coventry Station to Jordan Well/Cox Street (The Hub, Performing Arts Centre, Sports Centre, Sciences, Engineering, etc)... But it's a bit pricey unless you're making long trips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyEddy)
    I regularly take the New Street to Coventry train (and back out when going home). It's usually a Virgin Trains service to Euston, but it's £2.05-£2.50 depending on the time of day and if you have a rail card.

From the station to campus? You're looking at a 10-15 minute walk to the buildings closer to the station and 15-20 minutes for the ones further out. It takes me about 20 minutes to walk from Singer to the station if I'm in a hurry.

There is also a bus service which will take you from Coventry Station to Jordan Well/Cox Street (The Hub, Performing Arts Centre, Sports Centre, Sciences, Engineering, etc)... But it's a bit pricey unless you're making long trips.
    right, so if I wanted to go to Coventry from the New street station I would take the train service from New street to Euston and just get off at coventry? is that the same station Coventry (COV)?

(I'm sorry for the stupid questions...I've only been on the train once.. :s)
    how much would the tickets be if I don't have a railcard?

the walks not too long then? would you advise on walking then?

thank you so much! you're a lifesaver!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry__night)
    do u know which bus?
    No it said on the bus and it was outside the station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry__night)
    right, so if I wanted to go to Coventry from the New street station I would take the train service from New street to Euston and just get off at coventry? is that the same station Coventry (COV)?

(I'm sorry for the stupid questions...I've only been on the train once.. :s)
    how much would the tickets be if I don't have a railcard?

the walks not too long then? would you advise on walking then?

thank you so much! you're a lifesaver!
    It depends what's running, but it will probably be the Virgin Trains service. I think that route starts at New Street (BHM) and ends at Euston. So yeah, get off at Coventry (COV). If it's during the middle of the day, it may be a Midlands service train instead. I usually go late at night though.

Have a look on the national rail website. You can enter the route and check times, ticket prices, etc. It would be easier for you to check because you know when you want to travel! I usually buy in advance and travel at the cheapest times.

Though slightly dodgy, you might be able to buy some open tickets (I think they're valid for up to 3 months in some cases) and travel with those. I very rarely get checked for tickets, so you could travel with a valid ticket, but they'll probably not check it. If they do, then you could buy a new one at the next station for a few quid. Sure, it's probably not right, but it's still a ticket within its valid period. There are no gates at Coventry either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyEddy)
    It depends what's running, but it will probably be the Virgin Trains service. I think that route starts at New Street (BHM) and ends at Euston. So yeah, get off at Coventry (COV). If it's during the middle of the day, it may be a Midlands service train instead. I usually go late at night though.

Have a look on the national rail website. You can enter the route and check times, ticket prices, etc. It would be easier for you to check because you know when you want to travel! I usually buy in advance and travel at the cheapest times.

Though slightly dodgy, you might be able to buy some open tickets (I think they're valid for up to 3 months in some cases) and travel with those. I very rarely get checked for tickets, so you could travel with a valid ticket, but they'll probably not check it. If they do, then you could buy a new one at the next station for a few quid. Sure, it's probably not right, but it's still a ticket within its valid period. There are no gates at Coventry either.
    thank you so much! this has helped loads I'll be going around 12:30 (lunch time ish)

thanks again!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.