Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you normally look in for a person to date? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys thought I'll make a light hearted thread. What would you normally look for in a person to date them?

For me they have to be down to earth, funny, kind, caring and at least show an interest in getting to know me.

ReputationRep:
    For me, exactly the things you mentioned

ReputationRep:
    - Honestly and openness are pretty important to me
    - Someone who's spontaneous and up for new things
    - Someone who can have a laugh and doesn't take everything too seriously
    - The kind of person who I can have fun with no matter where we are or what we're doing
    - I like people who break conventions too, sure dinner dates or the movies are nice, but there are so many other fun things to do with someone you're getting to know that a lot of people seem to neglect

ReputationRep:
    Massive breasts, but crucially, not a massive stomach

ReputationRep:
    Great personality,good sense of humour,a caring nature, as well as being physically attracted to them

ReputationRep:
    -They have to be educated, that's a number 1 for moi.
    For example: All A/A*s in GCSE's (they're easy anyway)
    -I want a middle class boy, not too posh but not a Brixton estate chav.
    -Good looks. 6 pack (I can survive if he has a 4 pack), toned arms.. the whole package basically.
    He has to be taller then 5ft10 (I'm 5ft6 if I wanted a short guy I would date a girl).
    -He must be confident and funny, I like to have a laugh... I'm that type of extraordinary gal'
    -Would love for my baby boy to have a car, I'm not to blame am I? I'm a girl we love money.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence/cleverness, a good sense of humour, funny without trying too hard, someone who is willing to go out and drink but also have nights in, similar values, good taste in film/books/music, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Educated
    Funny
    Food lover
    Sleep lover
    Similar music taste to myself (metal)
    Easy to talk to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LISSEY)
    Great personality,good sense of humour,a caring nature, as well as being physically attracted to them
    You seem perfect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    must have a silly/immature sense of humour like mine! or at least be able to go along with mine. obviously attractive too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    You seem perfect haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    they have to be immature, a bit nerdy and be able to take a joke/ be funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausageez)
    they have to be immature, a bit nerdy and be able to take a joke/ be funny

(Original post by LISSEY)
    Both of these are just pretty much me So its good to know that some would be attracted to small things like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)
    -Good looks. 6 pack (I can survive if he has a 4 pack), toned arms.. the whole package basically.
    He has to be taller then 5ft10 (I'm 5ft6 if I wanted a short guy I would date a girl).
    -He must be confident and funny, I like to have a laugh... I'm that type of extraordinary gal'
    -Would love for my baby boy to have a car, I'm not to blame am I? I'm a girl we love money.

I am so glad I am nothing like you.

Also, speak for yourself, not all girls LOVE money. It obviously has its uses but love? No.
    I hope you find the person that you're looking for and if the are fantastic, great, but if not, maybe find someone that just some of the qualities that you are looking for because you could be missing out on someone great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)
    I bet you're actually a guy on a female account.

I have my suspicions about imsoacademic as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justanormalperson)
    I am so glad I am nothing like you.

Also, speak for yourself, not all girls LOVE money. It obviously has its uses but love? No.
    I hope you find the person that you're looking for and if the are fantastic, great, but if not, maybe find someone that just some of the qualities that you are looking for because you could be missing out on someone great.

Exactly! Material qualities don't really mean anything

ReputationRep:
    the person I'm ever going to date: would be my husband because I
    like being old school
    as long as he doesn't drink or smoke and likes being old school like me I'll be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone who makes you laugh is the best and only starting point for me! I love to laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    the person I'm ever going to date: would be my husband because I
    like being old school
    as long as he doesn't drink or smoke and likes being old school like me I'll be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Define 'old school'

ReputationRep:
    They must have a nice body, but then I wouldnt be dating them if they didnt. I dont work my ass off for mine for girls who dont give a damn about theirs. Seriously, do a sport once a week, problem solved.

As for the date; they must be funny, and the more I feel like we are sucking each other into a tornado of geekish destruction, the better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.