Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i do an advanced apprenticeship for getting to university to do midwifery Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi am am inquiring about a course, as i want to go to Preston university to do a midwifery course. at the moment i only have health and social care BTEC national diploma level 2 and level 2 functional skills Maths with English at a C grade GCSE. i cant do my level 3 BTEC due to the fact that my child turns five in July and i am only still 19. in which case the government cant let me stay on income support whilst i do my higher qualification. As its just me and my daughter living together i cant afford to do any other course then an apprenticeship. if i do an adavnced apprenticeship in health and social care how can i make sure i get into Preston university to do midwifery. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I think you're best bet is to contact admissions at Preston and see if they will accept it, and any other advice re work experience etc. If you are limited to applying to one uni, because of family, you really want your application to stand out. Also could you contact CAB about what you'd be entitled to as a single mother who's studying? Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.