I do AQA and got 90+ in all my units so far (ECON4 in summer), these are my tips:
Make sure you read this: WEESTEPS - (scroll down to the powerpoint and check out slide 23) http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.ph...-to-evaluation
^ That nails what you need for evaluation. But here are some tips I always make sure I highlight in my essays:
- Question the assumptions in your arguments and highlight market failure/government failure
E.G: if you're talking about government intervention make sure you question that the underlying argument in favour for government invention is that we assume they make decisions on the basis of the rational choice theory (complete information) and this is rarely the case and governments get it wrong
- Question alternate arguments
Government Intervention vs Free Market Solution
- Short run v long run solution
- Is efficient, equitable, effective?
- Who are the winners and losers?