Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could running birth control pill packs together be the reason I'm so emotional? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The doc told me I could run multiple packs of the pill together, she suggested no more than 4, but I've done 5 or 6. I'm about to go on my break. Lately I've been really over-emotional and 'womanly', it's really uncharacteristic of me! Do you think this could be due to a kind of 'build up' from the pill? Has anyone else experienced this because of running packs together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I get more emotional when I'm getting into my third pack of pills, however I also get migraines on my break week so I put up with it

EDIT: didn't realise you can run so many together though! my GP said only 3 packs at a time

ReputationRep:
    My doctor said no more than 3 when I was on the pill as you can get hormonal problems and problems with the cycle. Please go back to having your break as it sounds like the hormones are affecting you a bit. What is your reason for needing to run the packs together if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was safe to run so many packs back to back?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)
    I didn't think it was safe to run so many packs back to back?
    I don't think it's unsafe but personally, I liked having a break inbetween packs, so I wasn't constantly putting hormones into my body. Some women don't have any problems with running numerous packs together, but if you're getting obvious side effects, it's probably not worth it. If you (OP) want to avoid bleeding every month, you might want to consider switching to the mini pill instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mythtakes)
    I don't think it's unsafe but personally, I liked having a break inbetween packs, so I wasn't constantly putting hormones into my body. Some women don't have any problems with running numerous packs together, but if you're getting obvious side effects, it's probably not worth it. If you (OP) want to avoid bleeding every month, you might want to consider switching to the mini pill instead.
    Ahh right. Well maybe it's more so not recommended to run that many back to back than unsafe then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.