Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why the **** won't this belly go?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Been lifting for nearly 3 months now, I started off having weight gainer shakes for 2 months and a half, I have now put on 12 lbs and last week I ditched them, to allow any water weight to get out of my system before getting onto Whey.

I'm 5ft8 and 10 stone 1lb. So I am not 'fat' yet when I stand upright I can see a very prominent bulge in my stomach similar to a pregnant woman and it seems like all the weight I've put on has just gone around my stomach.

Really ****** frustrating...

Help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Told you before your surplus was to big thus you put on excess fat, you never told me what routine you were on either. Your treating this like a sprint, bodybuilding takes time to see results thats why most people quit early on. I recommend hitting maintenance calories as a beginner ull most likely drop Bf while continue to make decent gains.

ReputationRep:
    For 2 weeks I lowered my calories by around 1300 to 2400 - 2700 which is my maintenance.

I take it the belly is largely water weight?

I will give you my routine soon.

ReputationRep:
    1. Sounds like you're calculating your maintenance wrong
    2. You're being too impatient with weight loss
    3. Do you even lift, brah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atastycrumpet)
    Hi.

Been lifting for nearly 3 months now, I started off having weight gainer shakes for 2 months and a half, I have now put on 12 lbs and last week I ditched them, to allow any water weight to get out of my system before getting onto Whey.

I'm 5ft8 and 10 stone 1lb. So I am not 'fat' yet when I stand upright I can see a very prominent bulge in my stomach similar to a pregnant woman and it seems like all the weight I've put on has just gone around my stomach.

Help appreciated
    Of course (almost) all of it has! You simply can't put muscular weight on that quickly! All those online websites promising 6kg in 6 weeks, 33lbs in 10 weeks or whatever are just absolute bull****. This is a long term commitment!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, true I guess!

As long as this belly fat goes I'm happy!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For 2 weeks I lowered my calories by around 1300 to 2400 - 2700 which is my maintenance.

I take it the belly is largely water weight?

I will give you my routine soon.
    Well that's the first issue. Unless you are on serious gear, you don't need more than 3000 cals a day.
    Next issue - food tolerances. You might just have a problem with wheat or something else and this is showing as you've been eating such vast amounts.

ReputationRep:
    You need to do few belly stretching exercises like The plank, Bicycle crunch , The boat etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Help appreciated
    Hello,
    I think that happens because of your wrong diet...

ReputationRep:
    How much fibre do you have a day? You're probably just bloated
    there was no need to take a break in between taking 'mass gainer' shakes and a whey protein shake
    as long as you're making progress in the gym and gaining weight at a reasonable rate and not too agressively you're fine

ReputationRep:
    3 months is a short time. marathon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    1. Sounds like you're calculating your maintenance wrong
    2. You're being too impatient with weight loss
    3. Do you even lift, brah?
    Most people on this forum don't even lift, they just pretend to!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.