Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Good boy Jack, don't want to have to resit the year again do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelcats)
    I will find you and I will eat you
    Hmm in what way? The way you eat food, or the way you eat Rachel? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Sozzlesss

ReputationRep:
    Hello lelcats.

Can I recommend you email the admissions team at: [email protected]

As this is not a very common course, it's very unlikely someone doing it will come across it.

Sincerely,

MD

P.s. Omg I'm like half way through season 2 of Suits.
    P.p.s How was Matthew's 18th?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going purely on anecdotal evidence here, so this may not be 100% generalisable. To start with the easiest issue, I wouldn't mention the Pharmacy work experience as it isn't relevant. I think it may come across to the admissions that you don't have a clear understanding of what Pharmacology entails and what the difference is between Pharmacy and Pharmacology. I wouldn't mention any interest in Medicine just yet, otherwise, they might question whether you're only doing the course as an alternative route to Medicine. The best thing to do at this point, is to focus all your attention on Pharmacology and why you want to do it. If it is only for the alternative medicine route, I'd urge you to reconsider as it's really risky and you don't want to be wasting your time on something you aren't really interested in if the medicine route doesn't work out (Note: to get into Medicine through the course you have to be performing exceptionally and you will be in competition with your coursemates)

As for structure, TSR has a useful guide on how to organise and structure your PS well: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...onal_Statement
    Once you've actually written your statement you can use the PS Helper service to have your PS checked confidentially by one of the helpers (they're all at university I believe so you don't have to worry about plagiarism).

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.