Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are smokers in this country treated worse than dogs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.

All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.
    I hadn't noticed that actually.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Because you choose to smoke, you don't choose to be a dog.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say smokers are treated like dogs, but I would say they are discriminated against - and rightly so. It's unpleasant and a selfish thing to do around others who don't smoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.
    I literally cannot stop laughing because this comparison is so bizarre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoopyLinguist)
    I wouldn't say smokers are treated like dogs, but I would say they are discriminated against - and rightly so. It's unpleasant and a selfish thing to do around others who don't smoke.
    Dog owners invade peoples privacy. The animals (and they are just animals) are intrusive and a health hazard. Smokers generally just want a quiet fag.

ReputationRep:
    Because non-smokers can't stand the fact that smokers are generally far more interesting people who get far more sex than them.

I say this as an ex-smoker, before I get torrents of asinine abuse about enjoying lung cancer.

ReputationRep:
    Because most people have been brainwashed by the endless propaganda produced by the government as an excuse to keep raising tax on tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Because you choose to smoke, you don't choose to be a dog.
    Best reply yet!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the affect of dogs is that I might have to clean my shoe if not paying attention. The result of smokers is that I might get cancer. I'd rather clean the poo off personally.

ReputationRep:
    Dogs AREN'T free to defecate anywhere and I would look at someone who let their dog do that the same way as I look at a smoker.

Smokers cause health risks to other people, not just themselves through passive smoking and where I work they have been catered for but often choose to be selfish.

ReputationRep:
    at my work, smokers are allowed a short 'paid' cig break when they 'need' a cig. im not allowed a short food break when im starving :rolleyes: i think im discriminated against there because i do not smoke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyab)
    at my work, smokers are allowed a short 'paid' cig break when they 'need' a cig. im not allowed a short food break when im starving :rolleyes: i think im discriminated against there because i do not smoke!
    Start smoking then. You'll get more breaks. And more conversations with strangers. And you'll get to look cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoopyLinguist)
    Totally agree.

Can't count the number of smokers I come across at even university, smoking right outside entrances despite signs all over clearly banning it - with all the cancerous smoke drifting right inside. Selfish *******s.

ReputationRep:
    There a lot more people who smoke than dogs in this country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    Start smoking then. You'll get more breaks. And more conversations with strangers. And you'll get to look cool.
    i doubt id look cool. plus i would rather not stink. i think i will just stick to being hungry

ReputationRep:
    Because people enjoy jumping on a moral high horse at any opportunity. I literally quit smoking because the self righteous non smokers got on my nerves so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyab)
    i doubt id look cool. plus i would rather not stink. i think i will just stick to being hungry
    Smoking can help with the hunger too.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Because, frankly, smoking in public, especially near the entrances of buildings etc, is pretty selfish. You're ensuring everyone who goes past will have to come into contact with your smoke.

And dogs can't help it. Smokers can.

ReputationRep:
    The dogs standing at the uni entrance aren't inhibiting my breathing (nor are there any dogs at the uni entrance).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.