Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why are smokers in this country treated worse than dogs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When my dog takes a **** in a restaurant or pub the landlord gets more angry with me than when I light up a fag.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're treated like dogs...
    my parents have been smoking all of my life which has caused problems for me (asthma, emphysema, everything in this house stinks and I get labelled as a smoker by people outside when I've never even touched one) so if they were really treated like dogs causing problems to others (allergies, whatever) they'd be put down, homeless or sheltered by now...

If anything I think bans on smoking and restrictions should be stricter, or at least people who smoke should be more considerate to others who don't smoke... I mean even the no smoking on bus stops seems to make it seem acceptable for people to smoke two meters away from them and have the wind blow all the crap in everyone else's faces anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was universally accepted that dogs are more awesome than people?

Name:  _Deal_with_it_dog.gif
Views: 81
Size:  14.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Non-smokers need to get over themselves. No one forces you to stand next to a smoker and breathe in the smoke, you know.

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Because most people have been brainwashed by the endless propaganda produced by the government as an excuse to keep raising tax on tobacco.
    Oh and this, definitely!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forgetamine)
    Non-smokers need to get over themselves. No one forces you to stand next to a smoker and breathe in the smoke, you know.
    ... You know, apart from when they congregate in huddles outside of every entrance. That you simply have to walk through.

Or when they stand a foot away from a bus stop, but always manage to go upwind of the bus shelter so everyone ends up breathing it in anyway.

Or when they have a "smokers wall" that is conveniently placed right along the entrance into college (my college is a perfect example. Forty feet of pure tobacco.)

ReputationRep:
    I believe that if someone catches cancer from breathing in second hand smoke then that's attempted murder and the perpetrators should be charged accordingly for their assault on an individual's health. Don't like it? Don't live in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    ... You know, apart from when they congregate in huddles outside of every entrance. That you simply have to walk through.

Or when they stand a foot away from a bus stop, but always manage to go upwind of the bus shelter so everyone ends up breathing it in anyway.

Or when they have a "smokers wall" that is conveniently placed right along the entrance into college (my college is a perfect example. Forty feet of pure tobacco.)
    A tiny bit of cigarette smoke in the open air will not harm you. I would understand your concern if smoking was still allowed inside, but it's not so you haven't really got anything to complain about. Fumes from transport does more damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Well, the affect of dogs is that I might have to clean my shoe if not paying attention. The result of smokers is that I might get cancer. I'd rather clean the poo off personally.
    Animal faeces has been linked to schizophrenia
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Yeah is exactly like this for me. Or if all your friends and housemates smoke, kinda have to choose between clean lungs or loneliness.

This is why sometimes we prefer dogs :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    Totally agree.

Can't count the number of smokers I come across at even university, smoking right outside entrances despite signs all over clearly banning it - with all the cancerous smoke drifting right inside. Selfish *******s.
    And people wouldn't smoke near those entrances if they were given smoking shelters and such like.

You don't want people to litter, you put bins out. You force smokers outside, they're obviously going to go near cover from the elements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.

All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.
    Have you heard of a thing called cancer?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    A tiny bit of cigarette smoke in the open air will not harm you. I would understand your concern if smoking was still allowed inside, but it's not so you haven't really got anything to complain about. Fumes from transport does more damage.
    It doesn't have to harm me for it to be an annoyance. However, one of my closest friends has asthma - and it does harm her.

I can complain all I like. If smokers want to poison their own bodies, fine. But I don't think it's too much to ask for them to at least try to keep it to themselves. You don't see heroin users giving passersby a little jab.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Yeah is exactly like this for me. Or if all your friends and housemates smoke, kinda have to choose between clean lungs or loneliness.

This is why sometimes we prefer dogs :ahee:
    It's so damn irritating. I'd take a dog over a smoker anyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    And people wouldn't smoke near those entrances if they were given smoking shelters and such like.

You don't want people to litter, you put bins out. You force smokers outside, they're obviously going to go near cover from the elements.
    What the hell do they need shelters for?

Do you want to give them a jacuzzi as well?

Do you think that the smokers who have bins everywhere, even right next to them still bother disposing of their litter like a responsible person?

ReputationRep:
    Smoking has been linked with reducing the chances of Parkinson's, so whilst we might die you get we'll remember every moment unlike you cigaretteless heathens!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Animal faeces has been linked to schizophrenia
    "linked to" - alright, how much proof is there?

As much proof as cigarette smoke causing cancer?

I thought not.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Smoking has been linked with reducing the chances of Parkinson's, so whilst we might die you get we'll remember every moment unlike you cigaretteless heathens!

I read that study, the conclusion was because smokers died too young to develop the illness. Just saying. :giggle:

ReputationRep:

oh no a tiny bit of smoke! brb getting cancer

Jesus christ you've swallowed the propaganda right up, haven't you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.

All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.
    Smokers smell worse than dogs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    Because people enjoy jumping on a moral high horse at any opportunity. I literally quit smoking because the self righteous non smokers got on my nerves so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.