Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why are smokers in this country treated worse than dogs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Smokers are the funniest people I know. "I smoke 40 cigs a day, i'm always skint, *cough* woe is me, its not my fault, you don't understand man *cough, cough, spit* I pay for your healthcare *cough* look at me aren't I cool? *cough* woe is me"
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    oh no a tiny bit of smoke! brb getting cancer

Jesus christ you've swallowed the propaganda right up, haven't you? :rolleyes:
    I think you'll find that propaganda and scientific fact are not quite the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    What the hell do they need shelters for?

Do you want to give them a jacuzzi as well?

Do you think that the smokers who have bins everywhere, even right next to them still bother disposing of their litter like a responsible person?
    If you put a cigarette in a bin you risk starting a fire! It's better to leave a bit of litter than to start a bin fire. Most bins don't have a separate section for cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennies4life)
    This society wants to ban smokers from every corner of the land, and yet dogs are free to defaecate openly and knock over small children.

All that happened after those smoking bans a few years back was that everywhere just stank of piss instead.
    Because a dog can't give me a chance at lung/throat cancer from 2nd hand smoke, smokers smell worse & make my eyes water (blowing in my face).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I read that study, the conclusion was because smokers died too young to develop the illness. Just saying. :giggle:
    Oh do be quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If you put a cigarette in a bin you risk starting a fire! It's better to leave a bit of litter than to start a bin fire. Most bins don't have a separate section for cigarettes.
    Well ALL the bins at my uni have this, yet it doesn't stop some inbred students from just chucking their litter on the ground, well because they are inbreds. That is the only explanation I can offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
    What the hell do they need shelters for?

Do you want to give them a jacuzzi as well?

Do you think that the smokers who have bins everywhere, even right next to them still bother disposing of their litter like a responsible person?
    Nice appeal to absurdity, it's good to get a fallacy in early eh? :cool:

You don't want people to smoke where there's shelter, give them their own shelter. You expect a smoker to inconvience themself for 5 minutes, to stop you having to take a single breath of the smell for a fraction of a second? When possible, most of us will, but when it's cold, or wet, you can go right to hell It's attitudes like yours that really don't help you know.

You know the silly thing, a lot of people that smoke are actually quite considerate people, but they get a lot less considerate in the faces of people like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Nice appeal to absurdity, it's good to get a fallacy in early eh? :cool:

You don't want people to smoke where there's shelter, give them their own shelter. You expect a smoker to inconvience themself for 5 minutes, to stop you having to take a single breath of the smell for a fraction of a second? When possible, most of us will, but when it's cold, or wet, you can go right to hell It's attitudes like yours that really don't help you know.

You know the silly thing, a lot of people that smoke are actually quite considerate people, but they get a lot less considerate in the faces of people like you
    Will reply to you tomorrow morning, if I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Well, the affect of dogs is that I might have to clean my shoe if not paying attention. The result of smokers is that I might get cancer. I'd rather clean the poo off personally.
    You could get cancer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    dogs aren't free to **** everywhere anyway are they? people get fined for not picking it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyab)
    i doubt id look cool. plus i would rather not stink. i think i will just stick to being hungry
    You could pretend to smoke and just eat those sweetie cigarettes instead. That solves your hunger problem too

ReputationRep:
    Smokers get fined for smoking in the wrong places, dog owners get fined for not cleaning up after their pet. Smokers aren't allowed to smoke inside public places, dogs aren't allowed in public places.

Smoking is a CHOICE. As is not smoking. So why should a non-smokers choice not matter because someone can't be asked to go outside for a fag.

ReputationRep:
    I love dogs.

I don't like to see anyone treat dogs badly.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Callahan)
    You could get cancer anyway.
    Of course. But why increase your chances so drastically?

ReputationRep:
    In the wise words of the late Bill Hicks

"Non smokers.. die every day"
    • PS Helper

Because no body wants to breathe in disgusting second hand smoke which is often completely inavoidable.. it's disgusting

ReputationRep:
    Dogs are lovely, that's why!

But more to the point - people hate smokers who openly smoke in public, as non-smokers, children, babies, etc inhale that smoke and suffer from it...people are free to smoke, no problem - but they ought to smoke in their own damn environment!

ReputationRep:
    Just think how vindicated the smoking dogs feel!

ReputationRep:
    cause dogs give you love, smokers give you cancer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Of course. But why increase your chances so drastically?
    For an extra few years alive? And even that's not guaranteed.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.