Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Does the Queen shop at Tesco? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    Or at any other shop for that matter, like online or anything. If so, does she get MAJOR discounts? Or is everything free?

Does she ever nip down to the corner shop? I've just been so curious, no joke

:stupido3:
    It's not the Queen, but he is Royal - Prince Charles has been seen a number of times shopping at Waitrose in Cirencester, sometimes with Camilla.

William and Kate have been seen in Tesco at Bangor, North Wales and at Spa in Holyhead, Anglesey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    It really wouldn't be Harrods, given the events of '97/98!
    What happened in Harrods in 97/98?

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't do anything herself as she clearly thinks she's superior to everyone else! She should wipe her own bum though haha

ReputationRep:
    No, she is so rich that Tesco Shops the Queen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Princess Diana? Suspicious death? Relationship with the foreign son of the former owner of Harrods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Princess Diana and her partner, Dodi Fayed, the son of Mohammed Al-Fayed who owned Harrods at the time were both killed in a car crash together. Mohammed Al-Fayed accused The DofE and Prince Charles of killing Diana and his son. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed...Dodi.27s_death

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell did I get an email from TSR about this thread?

ReputationRep:
    How lucky she is :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Princess Diana? Suspicious death? Relationship with the foreign son of the former owner of Harrods?
    Ah. I wasn't aware he owned Harrods.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought the Queen shopped at Fortnum and Mason's. I say "Shopped" but I think she just writes out a list and one of her staff go and get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Boy)
    Why the hell did I get an email from TSR about this thread?
    Lol...that's pretty weird?? I swear I'm nothing to do with this!:smug:

But seriously...I'm not...haa

ReputationRep:
    3663, Fortnum & Masons are the two biggies.

There are a lot of companies who supply the royal households directly mind: http://www.royalwarrant.org/rwha-search

She doesn't shop there herself normally, but does make the odd visit to Fortnum & Mason which normally gets some media attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    3663, Fortnum & Masons are the two biggies.

There are a lot of companies who supply the royal households directly mind: http://www.royalwarrant.org/rwha-search

She doesn't shop there herself normally, but does make the odd visit to Fortnum & Mason which normally gets some media attention
    Aaaah! I see! Fortnum & Masons looks amaaaazing, never seen such a nice grocery store in my life!

ReputationRep:
    Servants for sure will do everything for her ....hhh I feel jelous

ReputationRep:
    I need help .am an endodontist looking forward to continuing my master in Dubai ,if someone could recommend a sophisticated university ,i souls ne grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzalutti)
    Servants for sure will do everything for her ....hhh I feel jelous
    You're jealous of the Queen? Who has to go on working (for example standing in freezing weather for hours watching ships go by) into her 80s and presumably 90s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    You're jealous of the Queen? Who has to go on working (for example standing in freezing weather for hours watching ships go by) into her 80s and presumably 90s?
    Well she obviously thinks she's still up to it.

If not, she could just abdicate.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reneetaylor)
    Aaaah! I see! Fortnum & Masons looks amaaaazing, never seen such a nice grocery store in my life!
    I've been in a fair few times when I've visited London; only ever bought specialty tea bags as gifts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YMLT)
    Well she obviously thinks she's still up to it.

If not, she could just abdicate.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Well, whatever. I hardly think she does it for the glamour of having servants and chauffeured rides though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCubed)
    They often prepare their own food, but I doubt they shop for it. The royals are famous for their BBQ's when in Scotand,and the Queen is known to cook decent scrambled eggs, if that counts as cooking.
    When Maggie Thatcher used to go to Balmoral once a year, they would have dinner in a little wooden hut in the castle grounds and then have an argument about who would do the washing up! No joke, it was on a channel 4 documentary the other day.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.