Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Insanity Watch

ReputationRep:
    Jesus ******* christ, I'm on the second day and I can't do it anymore. It's too hard. I've been lifting for about a year now and sprinting, but I seem to almost throw up after an insanity workout.

Is it worth carrying on?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It is if you want that T Shirt!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's supposed to be tough, that's why you get amazing results when you finish the whole thing

The results you get from 2 months of Insanity and 3 months of P90X is better than most people who workout 1 year in the gym get

Yes it's worth carrying on, it's about pushing yourself like you've been pushed before but if you can't handle it, return it and get P90X. It's the same price and P90X is a bit easier

ReputationRep:
    I've never done it, or will do it for a long while yet - but from lurking around myfitnesspal people say definitely just stick to what the program is - don't try and skip ahead apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahWorksout)
    Well it's supposed to be tough, that's why you get amazing results when you finish the whole thing

The results you get from 2 months of Insanity and 3 months of P90X is better than most people who workout 1 year in the gym get

Yes it's worth carrying on, it's about pushing yourself like you've been pushed before but if you can't handle it, return it and get P90X. It's the same price and P90X is a bit easier
    I won't quit! It's brutal though.

ReputationRep:
    Insanity gives you stupidly good cardio conditioning, stick with it and it'll get easier.

ReputationRep:

Insanity/p90x aren't anything special, insanity consists of generic bw exercises and p90x is just a 3 day split. However saying that both programs through excellent marketing really make you feel like your part of something great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    Insanity/p90x aren't anything special, insanity consists of generic bw exercises and p90x is just a 3 day split. However saying that both programs through excellent marketing really make you feel like your part of something great.
    The marketing works wonders on the lay person.

Cardio conditioning? Pfft. Who can't write a bodyweight cardio routine? For cardio I'd rather hit those kettlebells and work on more complex and heavy bodyweight exercises than endless repetitions of easier exercises.

Anyway, I actually like both of these routines as they get people off their ass. Yes you can get better results following a weights routine with some cardio, but most people need it laid out for them in a structured manner and aren't willing to research more in depth. They're better than the average bs you get from some of these personal trainers.

Oh please. Don't blame the gym for your shortcomings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Cardio conditioning? Pfft. Who can't write a bodyweight cardio routine? For cardio I'd rather hit those kettlebells and work on more complex and heavy bodyweight exercises than endless repetitions of easier exercises.

Anyway, I actually like both of these routines as they get people off their ass. Yes you can get better results following a weights routine with some cardio, but most people need it laid out for them in a structured manner and aren't willing to research more in depth. They're better than the average bs you get from some of these personal trainers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not blaming anyone, re read what I wrote. I don't know why you think it has anything to do with me

Insanity and P90X work

ReputationRep:
    YEAH DUDE KEEP GOIN'!

but seriously you'll feel like death atm but if you keep at it you will feel your body getting stronger and tougher.

Important note: This is an incredibly intense workout that will leave you with severe muscle pain if you do not recover well enough. Make sure to eat a lot of health foods post workout (not just endless amounts of protein!) e.g. carbs, vitamins, minerals, water. A

Apparently having a nice hot bath really helps too so try that! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The average joe doesn't have access to kettleballs and many people don't fancy thought of doing one legged squats. That may not be the case for you, but it is for most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coastbeats)
    Jesus ******* christ, I'm on the second day and I can't do it anymore. It's too hard. I've been lifting for about a year now and sprinting, but I seem to almost throw up after an insanity workout.

Is it worth carrying on?

Have you stuck at it? i think i must have started the same day as you, i cant wait for the recovery day on sunday, but i think it is worth sticking with it.

maybe it will help knowing that someone else is suffering through it with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJoka)
    Have you stuck at it? i think i must have started the same day as you, i cant wait for the recovery day on sunday, but i think it is worth sticking with it.

maybe it will help knowing that someone else is suffering through it with you
    Yes, tomorrow's plyometric. I'm dreading it because I almost threw up after it last time but the results I'm seeing are just wow! We could be each others motivators haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, tomorrow's plyometric. I'm dreading it because I almost threw up after it last time but the results I'm seeing are just wow! We could be each others motivators haha.

well done for sticking at it i hated todays pure cardio, im not looking forward to the plyometric either i didnt like it the first time and i doubt it will be easier the second time
    I know i will stick to it now though because i can already feel that my cardio is improving and its only day 5 so i cant wait to see the other results.

i think it will help having someone else to motivate me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyJoka)
    well done for sticking at it i hated todays pure cardio, im not looking forward to the plyometric either i didnt like it the first time and i doubt it will be easier the second time
    I know i will stick to it now though because i can already feel that my cardio is improving and its only day 5 so i cant wait to see the other results.

i think it will help having someone else to motivate me too
    I've realised that I have absolutely no balance and flexibility. This programmes got so many benefits. Keep digging!!

ReputationRep:
    I've realised that I have absolutely no balance and flexibility. This programmes got so many benefits. Keep digging!!

haha, me too!! i used to think my balance was quite good and that i was flexible, insanity has shown me just how wrong i was i hate the deep lunges

thanks, you keep digging too, i know it will be worth it

ReputationRep:
    i have never rated insanity simply due to the level of fitness you would need to be at to complete it. If your that fit all that is going to do is take away all your body fat and a whole lot of muscle with it! it would be perfect for people just wanting to lose weight and tone up but they would never be fit enough to complete it! that guy who does it he lifts in the gym eats well and does cardio a few times a week. IF HE DONE INSANITY HE WOULD LOOK SKINNIER AFTER AND WOULD HAVE LOST MUSCLE. straight from the hodge twins by the way just putting it out there.

ReputationRep:
    I am very interested in this Insanity business, the results are absolutely amazing!

Can anyone tell me what kind of equipment i'd need to buy other than the CD's in order to do the exercises please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiska)
    I am very interested in this Insanity business, the results are absolutely amazing!

Can anyone tell me what kind of equipment i'd need to buy other than the CD's in order to do the exercises please?
    Just a tv and space. if you want a link to the vids pm me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy2252)
    Just a tv and space. if you want a link to the vids pm me.
    Thank you! But, already got one

So no extra equipment then yeah? Like those pull up bars and stuff, it's not necessary?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.