Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hungry all of the time recently! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I have been cutting down and losing weight for about 6 weeks now. I think I have lost around half a stone maybe 3/4 of a stone gradually.

Anyway, I have found I am really hungry! I don't know why, maybe I don't eat enough food or if I am maybe I don't eat the right things...

Normally I have Bran flakes or shredded wheat or lean grilled bacon and beans or something, on a weekend sometimes maybe a low fat grilled 'full' breakfast..normally always kind of healthy. I don't cook with oil as I have a foreman grill!

Then for lunch is soup normally veg or lentil soup or something? Or sometimes a ham salad sandwich with wholemeal bread and some fruit.

The Dinner something like chicken & rice. Sometimes use weight watchers sauces or them powder marinade things or just do it myself! Lean steaks with veg... Then for 'dessert' I normally have a yoghurt or fruit.

I snack on fruit regularly or sometimes ryvitas (that kind of thing) with toppings, but I am so hungry. I have never felt hungry before eating this but recently I could graze all day!

Any ideas or tips to help curb the hunger craves or what could be causing it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you're pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denacio)
    you're pregnant
    I am most definitely not lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tea,tea,tea!!
    Coffee as well.
    Veggies/fruits cut in small pieces. Unsalted/not buttered popcorn
    Dried fruits (they can be quite high in calories but I find them TOO sweet and cant eat a lot
    Fat free yoghurt
    Low fat cheese strings

hmm.. if I think of something else I will come back xD

EDIT:

Cut some banana and freeze well. Then blend it in a blender and add a tiny bit of honey + 1-2 spoons of fat free yoghurt. Tadaaam - icecream! Very delicious. You can add some fruits as well. Just make sure you only use half a banana at a time - it comes out A LOOOT!

Chicken/vegetable bouillon - its like eating a soup but without the stuff inside

and EGGS EGGS EGGS - one hard boiled egg will surely stop your cravings.

:-)) Thats all I can think for now

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting quite lean? As the amount of fat your body carries gets lower and lower, your body starts to resist your efforts to lose more fat. The main way it does this is to make you more hungry. Aside from eating more filling foods (anything protein or fibre rich) and making sure that you have enough of all the essential nutrients in your diet, the only other thing to do is to slow down your rate of weight loss by eating more. You could even just take a break for a week or so and allow your weight to stabilise. At that stage, you could either go back to reducing your intake or even just keep your food intake the same but increase your activity levels.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly u need to calculate how many calories you need a day to sustain your weight and lose weight...use an online calculator to get a rough estimate.

Then you need log what you eat everyday and use myfitnesspal or equivalent, this will show u roughly how much of each macro-nutrient (carb, protein, fat and many other things) you can eat.

If im hugry a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk makes me full for ages!

I presume from what you're saying that ur lacking in certain vitamins, ur not getting enough water (a litre a day) or you're not getting enough fibre (atleast 25g a day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Tea,tea,tea!!
    Coffee as well.
    Veggies/fruits cut in small pieces. Unsalted/not buttered popcorn
    Dried fruits (they can be quite high in calories but I find them TOO sweet and cant eat a lot
    Fat free yoghurt
    Low fat cheese strings

hmm.. if I think of something else I will come back xD

EDIT:

Cut some banana and freeze well. Then blend it in a blender and add a tiny bit of honey + 1-2 spoons of fat free yoghurt. Tadaaam - icecream! Very delicious. You can add some fruits as well. Just make sure you only use half a banana at a time - it comes out A LOOOT!

Chicken/vegetable bouillon - its like eating a soup but without the stuff inside

and EGGS EGGS EGGS - one hard boiled egg will surely stop your cravings.

:-)) Thats all I can think for now

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Mm, that ice cream sounds delicious and will be giving it a go for a sweet treat Thank you for these suggestions, they are brill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    Are you getting quite lean? As the amount of fat your body carries gets lower and lower, your body starts to resist your efforts to lose more fat. The main way it does this is to make you more hungry. Aside from eating more filling foods (anything protein or fibre rich) and making sure that you have enough of all the essential nutrients in your diet, the only other thing to do is to slow down your rate of weight loss by eating more. You could even just take a break for a week or so and allow your weight to stabilise. At that stage, you could either go back to reducing your intake or even just keep your food intake the same but increase your activity levels.
    I wouldn't say I was particularly 'lean' and I am still in the normal range of BMI. I think I need to eat a higher quantity of food as I do forget to snack healthily regularly and sometimes I only eat 2 meals per day if I rush out home and forget my breakfast

I think I will up the quantity of food I am eating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Company Commissar)
    Firstly u need to calculate how many calories you need a day to sustain your weight and lose weight...use an online calculator to get a rough estimate.

Then you need log what you eat everyday and use myfitnesspal or equivalent, this will show u roughly how much of each macro-nutrient (carb, protein, fat and many other things) you can eat.

If im hugry a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk makes me full for ages!

I presume from what you're saying that ur lacking in certain vitamins, ur not getting enough water (a litre a day) or you're not getting enough fibre (atleast 25g a day)
    I don't drink a lot of water admittedly as when I do drink I normally just drink tea/coffee. I am trying to make a conscious effort to drink more now I think I eat enough fibre, I normally always eat 2 slices of wholemeal bread or a medium bread roll a day. I also have wheat based cereals nearly every morning for breakfast like weetabix or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbows!)
    I wouldn't say I was particularly 'lean' and I am still in the normal range of BMI. I think I need to eat a higher quantity of food as I do forget to snack healthily regularly and sometimes I only eat 2 meals per day if I rush out home and forget my breakfast

I think I will up the quantity of food I am eating!
    The frequency at which you eat is generally not so important and shouldn't make that much of an impact in the context of an otherwise sound diet. What really matters is the total amount of food you eat. I would much sooner have 2 or 3 square meals a day then a load of snacks.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.