Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird I want a friend with benefits instead of a boyfriend? Watch

I want to give my frist kiss, hug, holding hand, even my virginity to my friend with benefits when I get one. Is that weird?

I have/stll am being abused and I do not want to get disappointed by anyoe anymore, so this is my choice and no one can change that.

ReputationRep:
    If you're still being abused, you may want to worry about that first.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to get disappointed by anyone, you're better off with a one night stand. Friends with benefits is the messiest option of the three.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to give my frist kiss, hug, holding hand, even my virginity to my friend with benefits when I get one. Is that weird?

I have/stll am being abused and I do not want to get disappointed by anyoe anymore, so this is my choice and no one can change that.
    Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that you are being abused, it's never the victims fault. I'm not qualified to give advice, but maybe you should talk to someone you can trust about your situation, and work to resolve the matter. e.g by contacting the police.
    Secondly, if you feel that a casual relationship will benefit you, then do as you please, so long it's not harmful. Although, I have to agree with the previous poster, perhaps you should work on resolving your issues before you branch into anything.But, that's a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    I find it ironic how the relationship abuse ad is featured on this topic :/

You don't want to be disappointed, but that's obviously to do with the abuse, so it's understandable you don't want a relationship. You should sort out the abuse problem, then give yourself a few weeks and see how you feel.
    You just need to find the right person, because after being abused, it's unlikely that you will see anyone in the same way for a while

I will sort the abuse out by next year, so that will not be a problem for very long.

ReputationRep:
    Many people may agree with me here but friends with benefits always end up going bad people can't keep feelings out and realise its just sex, I've seen it with so many mates who try and be friends with benefits it never works.

But no you aren't weird for wanting that it might be better to loose it with someone you care about rather than just loosing it for the sake of it

I am not being abused in a relationship, I never had a boyfriend! My own mother is the one that is abusing me for 5 years, and I will get away from her next year.

ReputationRep:
    Friends with benefits is by far the worst thing to do! Someone always ends up getting hurt and theres always drama. If you're getting abused then I would tend to that first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to give my frist kiss, hug, holding hand, even my virginity to my friend with benefits when I get one.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you want all the intimate features of a relationship, without the effort of commitment. You just need to find someone to suit you, who you don't mind talking to. Friends with benefits never works, because someone always ends up getting attached and hurt

ReputationRep:
    There is always the possibility that you may fall in love with the friend with benefits. Then it would get messy.

ReputationRep:
    No it's pretty normal. I had a bad experience in my first couple of relationships, so I spent a year or so having nothing but friends with benefit situations. I still wanted the comfort and intimacy, but I was so shook from my experiences that I knew I couldn't make a commitment to anyone. Personally (in retrospect) I think it was a great choice. I grew a lot, it helped me figure out what I wanted, and I'm still on great terms with the guys. Once I felt ready, I entered another relationship and I'm now very happy. Much happier than I was before.

That said. My circumstances were quite lucky. I found guys who were very kind and considerate to my feelings, but just too incompatible with my personality for me to fall for them properly. Besides that, I never saw friends with benefits as my ultimate 'goal.' I always knew I wanted a permanent boyfriend eventually, I just wasn't ready for one at the time.

Of course, for the independent person, I can see lots of benefits to having only friends with benefits, so I suppose its not that strange really. But it's not what I'd chose.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.