Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and the London accommodation 2013 entry Watch

• View Poll Results: Where do you want to stay?
    Mile end campus
    18.75%
    Dawson hall
    56.25%
    Floyer house
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo everyone, thought i'd make a thread to discuss accommodation at Barts for 2013 entry

ReputationRep:
    ahh I can't decide between Dawson and Mile end! I wanna be with some medics but Mile end is closer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetcheeks2809)
    ahh I can't decide between Dawson and Mile end! I wanna be with some medics but Mile end is closer.
    I'm in the exact same situation!!! I'm going to the open day tomorrow so I guess I will ask then. But everyone I've asked has said that dawson is the way to go..... but i love the idea of a campus :/. EEeekkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebk)
    I'm in the exact same situation!!! I'm going to the open day tomorrow so I guess I will ask then. But everyone I've asked has said that dawson is the way to go..... but i love the idea of a campus :/. EEeekkk
    Me too! Maybe see you there... hopefully tomorrow will help us decide.

ReputationRep:
    So glad I'm not the only thinking about this!
    I'm going to the open day tomorrow too I was going to wait until tomorrow till I decide, I may go wonder around the accommodation to see what they look like properly from the outside

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who went to Barts for Med and she stayed at Mile End, she said it wasn't a problem not being with the medics
    I'm still not sure though - why does there have to be so much choice!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermi1)
    So glad I'm not the only thinking about this!
    I'm going to the open day tomorrow too I was going to wait until tomorrow till I decide, I may go wonder around the accommodation to see what they look like properly from the outside

(Original post by hermi1)
    I know someone who went to Barts for Med and she stayed at Mile End, she said it wasn't a problem not being with the medics
    I'm still not sure though - why does there have to be so much choice!?
    Probably will do the same. Eeeeeeekkkk. I'm so torn :L

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be nice to be with other medics, but en-suite and being on campus makes Mile End more appealing to me. Shame Floyer doesn't have any en-suites as that would have been perfect!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    En-suite is over-rated.. you won't have it from year 2 onwards so might as well get used to it

ReputationRep:
    Do many people get their own place or most share from 2nd year onwards? Is it too expensive to afford a place on your own?
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    En-suite is over-rated.. you won't have it from year 2 onwards so might as well get used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ag2012)
    Do many people get their own place or most share from 2nd year onwards? Is it too expensive to afford a place on your own?
    Everyone will share houses, why would you want to live on your own?

ReputationRep:
    Go Dawson! You won't have another opportunity to live in Central London for that price in your life!

Also we had a friend who live in Mile End campus, and he spent most of his time at Dawson sleeping on our floors!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ag2012)
    I know all of one person living on her own this year, and that's because her parents bought the flat. So you will be sharing from year 2 onwards in terms of houses, very unusual for you to find/want a one-bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    I know all of one person living on her own this year, and that's because her parents bought the flat. So you will be sharing from year 2 onwards in terms of houses, very unusual for you to find/want a one-bed
    I now have to get private accommodation because I live in greater london. Do you have any suggestions for an area? Or just closet that I can :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I now have to get private accommodation because I live in greater london. Do you have any suggestions for an area? Or just closet that I can :/?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on how much you want to spend, I know a few people that had to find their own place when we were freshers and they found somewhere in Whitechapel, so that's a good shout. Other areas that are popular are places like Stepney green, some place close to lectures and stuff

Or if you want to go further out for a cheaper place then there are lots around Stratford (where I'm planning on living next year), though you'll probably need a tube pass as you'll be in Whitechapel all the time

ReputationRep:
    Dawson hall. Barbican is like 15 - 20 mins from whitechapel, and it's nearer the places I like to go out. Perfect for this one ^^

ReputationRep:
    any dental students here looking at barts accom?

ReputationRep:
    How many people generally share the barthrooms at Dawson/Floyer??

ReputationRep:
    Do all the rooms at Floyer have washbasins?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try the following:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...re_Finder_Page

Or start a page for Barts medics starting in 2013 who need to flatshare? I think there will be quite a few ! Also look on FB for Barts students starting 2013

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.