Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Idea: topical psychology blog aimed at Alevel students.volunteer/contributors invited watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been mulling this idea over for a short while...

I'm thinking of setting up a blog written perhaps by current uni students (or also A-level students perhaps) which posts regular short articles on various topics throughout psychology (possibly focusing more on topics studied by A-level students) - anything you're interested in, but in more depth than what might be routinely covered at A-level. For instance, a topic that, in hindsight, you wish you had understood more fully/had a different perspective on/had covered in more detail etc.

Let me know your thoughts and any ideas for topics! Also if you would be interested in contributing (either a one-off/occasional/regular basis) please do let me know!

Also it would need a name, the best I have come up with so far is something along the lines of "psychosense" or something, idek.

Magdatrix x

ReputationRep:
    Also, if any of you don't have time to contribute directly, ideas for topics you would like to see featured would be very welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magdatrix >_<)
    Also, if any of you don't have time to contribute directly, ideas for topics you would like to see featured would be very welcome!
    I like your idea ! I like it that much that I have already been implementing it from January :P. I am studying A-Level Psych and use the blog as my 'notes in the cloud'. Once I complete both AS and A2, I will have organised details on each topic covered at A-level, (at least by AQA).

With this I plan to just copy and paste, re-organize and make more accessible, my own completed notes on each topic; including what the exam board is looking for, question framing, essay style and other helpful tips.

So in short, I plan to launch January 2014 with a fully kitted, dynamic psychology website that most students will find useful as a framework to studying the subject. It's a long-period project but certainly attainable as I have past experience with web-design and I will be covering all course content for myself anyway.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you can find some awesome partners to help with your project. Keep in touch.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.