The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

European studies German Path

Hi,

I just received a conditional offer for European studies with German Path ( I need to obtain an IELTS with an overall score of 7.0, which shouldn't be a problem).

The problem is that I really do not know a lot about this study or KCL. About myself, I am a Dutch student and currently I am doing a Academic year at a liberal arts college.

I applied originally to the UK for UCL's ESPS program, which didn't work out (I heard about this program, because I am also applying for Science Po's transatlantic campus). My original plan was to study a broad european program with a major in Law. However, I did not want to study law by itself that is why I applied to European studies and similar programs)

It seems that KCL's european studies does not offer a lot of law courses / neither it enables me to do a MA in European Law. However, this is something that I am aiming at and therefore European Studies at KCL does not seem the best option to me (other option would be Science Po's Transatlantic campus in Reims or Leiden University College)

I really do not know how the English system works, but would it be able to do some extra courses in European / international law, which would enable me to do a Master degree in Law?

Kind regards,

J
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Also, the third year is spent abroad in Berlin, do I have to pay UK tuition (9000 pounds) or German tuition (1000 euro's)?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hi !

You should sent KCL an email to get the information you need, or ask your questions here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=918
However I can tell you that for the third year, even though you would be studying in Germany you will be paying KCL fees, that is to say £9000

I hope it helped !

Quick Reply

Latest