Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well basically very similar to all the other threads etc, but i guess stuff like this is always a bit personal :s
    I'm asking for advice here because I don't really have a best friend who i'm comfortable talking deep too, so the anonymity makes it alot easier for me. I'm very secretive, I don't really feel comfortable with people I know knowing about me etc. Ya get the idea :/ Oh and im 17

Well I'll start by saying i've never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl etc. So basically ive no experience with girls other than as a friend. basically ive had a crush on one of my friends for like a year now. Over the year we've become better friends, though i still shy away from getting too close because you know how it it, you don't want to make it obvious. So we're reasonably close, eg skype eachother regularly, but she doesn't really know massses about me. I'm pretty sure she must know i like her because in my eyes its obvious, friends teasing me etc and by my general awkwardness around her, as well as my blushing when anything is said about us skyping etc. We're kinda both like brightist in the year and i have to admit that is one of the attractions, but shes just the nicest person I know and she just makes me happy being around her. I feel pretty friendzoned because I feel shes friendly as a study partner and a stress releif.
    Basically I guess what this boils down to, is how should i explain to her how i feel, I know shed be kind in rejection but i still don't want that to happen. The main issue is that im imo not a great "catch" for a girl, Im not great looking (quite the opposite), though i play guitar and am a very funny person. I think we'd make an okay couple (but then i guess i would be biased).
    Basically just advice on whether to give up or go for it, or just continuea as I have for the past year, in a dilemma.

thanks ever so much for giving up your time, Its most appreciated even if you have nothing to comment

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've just seen this and i know it was created awhile back. Do you still need help or is everything ok???

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.